About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Thursday, April 21, 2022

Easter

We spent Easter weekend in St. Louis with Sarah.  Her church had a photo booth.  We opted for a simple photo without props and we avoided the 360 degrees photo booth.  It was a wonderful service, good music, fun, great sermon, and we sat with one of her friends from her core group.  We took another photo after the service.


 And those were the only photos I took the entire weekend.  We had a great time though.  Saturday morning we went to the farmer's market in Tower Grove park.  Fresh flowers, produce, jams and jellies, all kinds of meat, candles, jewelry, lots of booths with specialty products for dogs, lots of dogs..........I was busy petting a cute little golden retriever puppy and missed seeing the booth selling marijuana.  Oh well!  And amazing food vendors!  I had been telling Sarah she needed to visit this place and I think she will now that she has seen it.  She made the comment that she could just eat her way through the booths and have an entire meal.  And, if she invested in a yoga mat, she could do yoga in the park.  We saw a large group as we were leaving.  Oops, I did take a picture at the market..............fresh mushrooms!


She took us to the Foundry for lunch.  We have been watching the renovations on this place since she moved to St. Louis.  It's really close to where she lives.  It's an old warehouse that has been renovated to hold an interesting array of food vendors and shops.  The food was good, but a little pricey in my opinion.  She took us to a bar down by the stadium and arch called Pieces for supper.  They have walls of games for you to play while you eat.  We had to wait for a table, so went to the bar to order some food.  David had the Goblin Quesadilla because that's what the bar tender was eating when we sat down.  I had a taste of it (David's, not the bar tender's) and it was delicious.  We took a photo of the menu so we could remember what all was in it.


When we got our table, we finished our meals while we played a game.  They chose Jaws.  Sarah got to be the shark.  It was fun.  The time flew by and I didn't realize how long we had been there.  We didn't finish the game as we decided it was time to go and relinquish our table to someone else.  

I finished the hand work on the binding of this pumpkin wall hanging for my aunt while we were in St. Louis.  I had a fun time custom quilting this one.


Prior to going to St. Louis, I finished sewing together the blocks for the Woodbury Way low volume eye spy quilt.  This may be next up to quilt.  I have the backing and batting ready and have picked a binding, so it might get quilted yet this week.


Esme lent a paw in quilting the Just Kitten Around quilt on Monday. 


I tried covering the longarm with a large sheet of plastic to keep her off the machine before we left.  It didn't work.  Nothing could be more fun for a kitten than a large sheet of plastic.  I have since tried leaving sheets of tin foil on the quilt, and only one sheet was knocked off the first night.  And, we also got out the baby gate and put it across the top of the steps.  Cici was able to leap right over, but Esme hasn't quite figured that out yet.  It was pretty funny to see one of them on each side of the gate looking at each other.  I am hoping that Esme has figured out that her place is in the basket sleeping on a pile of batting scraps and soaking up the sunshine.


Just Kitten Around is off the longarm, but doesn't have the binding on yet.  That's on today's list... machine sew the binding so that I can have the hand work to do in the evenings.


And I added some rounds to my challenge project.  I added the second red border to get it to the size I wanted for the piano keys and square in a square blocks.  I still haven't done anything for the churn dash clue.


Also on today's agenda is laundry, 4 piano lessons, going to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned, making the binding for Woodbury Way, and I think I only have a couple of seams to make to finish the Bitcoin flimsy.  I really want to get that one done.  It's gonna be so ugly.  I may not be able to post any photos of this one.  And if I do, I'll post a warning at the top to put on your sunglasses to block the glare of ugliness.  I am actually looking forward to quilting it.  After all, I don't think I can make it look any worse.  I'm planning to use some of the bright mello yellow thread they gave me with the machine because I don't think you will actually be able to see it in the quilt.  

And I'm looking forward to the teeth cleaning..........not the actual cleaning, but clean teeth, and the chance to sit in the massaging dentist chair.  I had 12 piano lessons yesterday, so am feeling a little stiff this morning and a good massage might be just the ticket!

Christi


No comments:

Post a Comment