About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Show and Tell from the Sewing Room by Cici

 I was afraid I was going to disappoint everyone by not getting to post on the blog today.  My human went off this morning and for some reason closed the laptop.  Now, I can use my paws to press on the keys to make words, but I could not figure out how to open the laptop by myself.  I nudged it, walked on it, nibbled around the edges, NOTHING WORKED!  Fortunately she came home and opened it.  

Now for some show and tell about what we have been working on in the sewing room the last several weeks.  These were some leftover pieces we uncovered from a 4-H project Sarah did several years ago.  The plan had been to make a pillow from them, which I thought sounded like a nice, soft, comfy idea, but no.  That's not what happened.



It became a tote bag!  


Now who really wants an astronaut tote bag?  She gave it to one of her piano students who needed a bigger bag for his piano books.  He's also really into science stuff.  And since Kody is always nice to me, I guess this was a good choice.  He really seemed to like it.


She even put pockets in it and she quilted it on that big new machine.



And since I have mentioned Lucey 2, which she refers to as the long arm (I can't see that Lucey 2 has ANY arms, but whatever), here are a couple of quilts she quilted.  This first one she called Flock Together and we did it as part of a quilt-along with Sew Sweet Quilt Shop.  Purrsonally, I have never been to the shop, but I do watch their weekly facebook posts with my human.  This one is made from all Batik fabrics and she says it makes her think of Hannah.  Apurrently, we think about certain people while we use Lucey 2.



When she finished piecing this Morewood Mystery top, she really didn't like it.  But after she spent some time with it on the Lucey 2, she says she really likes it now. 


Appurently it made her think of Mackenzie.  When I shot her a rather puzzled look, she explained that some of the colors reminded her of the water in a swimming pool and the concrete around the pool.  And the diagonal design made her think of swimming lanes.  

Speaking of sports and swimming (ok, no swimming for me purrsonally), I can't wait for the Olympics.  You may recall how much I enjoy watching sporting events on television.

She also got us a new book of table runners to make.  I think table runners are the purrfect thing to put on the table.  It makes a really nice cushy place to take a nap.  This was the first pattern in the book.  We have actually made this pattern twice and she has them both totally finished.  I couldn't find any more photos of them to share with you though.  Maybe I'll knock them off the pile and it will remind her to take some pictures.



Well, I hope you have enjoyed today's blog post.  AND there were NO PHOTOS of THE CANINE CATASTROPHE!  

It was pretty funny last night when the Canine Catastrophe was inside and the humans told the Google Home to make dogs sounds.............the Canine Catastrophe was so perplexed trying to find that barking dog that she totally forgot to chase me!

More from the sewing room tomorrow!

Cici the Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment