About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Friday, May 14, 2021

Better Times by Cici

Well, things are looking up after working on that hideous Christmas quilt last weekend.  I supervised the fabric selections for another Christmas wall hanging.  She got it all sewed together and just took it off Lucey 2 this afternoon.  


And I've been helping her keep up with the new Laundry Basket Quilts Mystery Quilt.  It started on Monday and there is a new clue every day.  

 She's just using scraps from her blue and neutral tubs.  Every morning we stir them up and see what floats to the top!


Frankly, I'm embarrassed by these tubs.  She started in on an organizing task a couple of weeks ago and folded all the larger pieces.


Then she started working through the scrap bins.  She got green, black, and gray done.  Obviously she hasn't touched the blue tub yet!


There's actually room for me to take a nap in this tub now!

Actually, I've been hanging out in Sarah's room in my tower.  Well, it was mine to start with and then it got moved in to this room for Dory, but now it's mine again!  The room is dark and quiet, but close enough to the sewing room that I can keep an eye on things.


Also part of the organizing fever was to get the TBQ (to be quilted) closet cleaned up.  All of these tops have batting and backing cut and are ready to quilt.  There are 10 in the picture, but I can report that some quilting has been happening, because now, there are only seven things hanging there.



And, she picked up all the batting pieces, and stacked the empty project tubs!


She says she is just "in love" with this quilt pattern called Gingersnap.  Is it because it's named after a food?  This is Grandma's quilt that she left to be quilted.


She pulled this project out for us to work on.
There were some gaps in her plan, but we got that solved and she has it sewn together now.  Apparently we're going to add some pieced borders..............yeah!  More time at the cutting table!



And, the Canine Catastrophe is, unfortunately, still with us despite trying to eat her own water dish.




Why we have so many pictures of her is beyond me.

Cici

No comments:

Post a Comment