About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, May 10, 2021

Horrible Weekend by Cici

It was one of those "bury your face and don't come out" weekends.  


 I tried to express my displeasure about the weekend sewing room project by not looking directly at it at any time.  At least she got it totally finished and has folded it up to put away for Christmas.  (Maybe she won't be able to find it!)


When I ventured into the sewing room to see this on Lucey 2, it was all I could do not to hack up a hairball right then and there.  And she (my human) was so excited to be quilting her new snowflake pattern!  


She's calling it "Willow's First Christmas".  Yeah right, the Canine Catastrophe was already way bigger than that last Christmas.  By Christmas 2021, she'll be a full-size horse.  At least there is only 1 of her and not 6 like in this quilt.  She put a hanging sleeve on it so she can hang it in the bedroom.  Guess I won't be going in there during the Christmas season.

Speaking of the bedroom, the humans have been doing some spring cleaning.  One morning last week, they actually moved the bed and vacuumed under it and dusted behind it.  Under the bed is the best place to escape the Canine Catastrophe.  I don't recall them ever doing this type of cleaning before.  I heard them saying something about "every 10 years", so if that's the case, I haven't been here that long.  The next morning they moved the piano to do the same thing.  Now, I had been waiting for this.............. do you know how many catnip mice and sparkly balls we found back there?  No wonder the piano was sounding funny.  Of course, the piano tuner's visit that day probably helped.  It was nice to have so many toys back in play.  Now if they'd only move the refrigerator.

Since my beautiful face wasn't available for photos this weekend, I thought you might enjoy these............

Spot........

Oreo...........

And Twinkie!

Twinkie appears to be chubby enough that one should be careful squeezing lest the cream filling come out...........just sayin'.

And here are the 2 quilts that she hadn't photographed after they were finished.

She thinks this pattern is "Arkansas Crossroads", but she's calling it "Anything Goes".  She used her new "Whisper" quilting pattern on it.

And this is the Quilty Stars all finished.  I think the blues sparkle like my eyes.

Well, sorry for the lapse in blogging; I just couldn't face a quilt with little canine catastrophes on it.

Cici



No comments:

Post a Comment