About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Sewing Room Update!

 


I can't believe it's September!  I unearthed a copy of Quiltmaker Magazine when I was cleaning up my cutting counter and this pattern was in there.  I dug through my scraps and made up this pillow top in one evening!  Trust me, this did not make a dent in my Halloween scraps.  

I also updated my UFO list because it seemed that I had so many projects going.  Well, I do.  However, only 4 of them are left from before the start of 2020, so that means I have finished a lot of projects and am not letting them linger around the sewing room for too long.  And right now, there are several things hanging out in the "To Be Quilted" closet.  So that means that things are getting done.  

I recently added 3 projects to the TBQ closet.  This is my Jelly Snowflake Mystery Quilt.  I really like how it turned out.  




This pattern is called Sha La La.  It makes a nice throw-sized quilt.



And this is my interpretation of a modern rainbow.  It's all made with 5" squares.  




There were also some updates and improvements in the sewing room.  The old blue counter top that was pieced together from the old kitchen was replaced with a new dark counter top that is all one piece!


Cici is inspecting it.  The surface is just a slight bit different and she has had a few mishaps getting on and off the counter.  But, I think she approves.

The nephew at UNI is now recovered from Covid.  While he was in quarantine, I sent him a care package that included these pillow cases for the pillows on the futon in his dorm room.  Apparently he did lose his sense of taste for a day or so, but the dill pickle flavored sunflower seeds I sent brought it back!  Yuck, but if he likes them, ok!


 


I also made 20 of these little pouches for my sister to use in PT.  Patients who have joint replacements use them to hold a little battery pack.  They just attach them to a lanyard.



I think this will be my new Friday Night Lights project.  I will be using these fabrics to make the Star Junction pattern which is the new Sew Sweet quilt-along.


Remember this photo from the birthday girl blog archive?
Morning hair has not improved with age...........

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment