About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, August 31, 2020

Friday Night Lights!


Yes, it's that time again!  Are you ready for some football????



We traveled to Perry, IA to see Jackson #15 (same number as Patrick Mahommes!) play the first game of his junior year.  It was an away game, and Perry wasn't limiting seating, so we masked up and went.  We took our own snacks and lots of hand sanitizer.  It turned out to be a beautiful evening for football especially when they won 49-0!  And Jackson scored a touchdown!  The Rams graduated several really good athletes, so it was a younger team out there, and even with all those points, no one scored more than one touchdown, so it shows they have a lot of options.  Don't I sound like I know what I'm talking about!

After the game photos...........

A rare photo with teeth!

We didn't stand too close......


It was a quick trip up and back.  Sarah stayed home to help with the church garage sale and take care of the dogs, cats, and pigs!  So, we got back to my parents' house at midnight after the game and were planning to sleep in, but got a call from her at 6:45 about a feeder being clogged in the hog barn.  The hubs told her just where to hit it to get the feed to loosen up and fall.  

It occurred to me that I haven't selected a "Friday Night Lights" sewing project yet this year.  Maybe I was afraid that football wouldn't actually happen.  That's one reason we went to his first game, just in case something happens and they don't get to finish the season.  Perry had their senior night just to make sure to get it in.  

I did spend some time in the sewing room on Saturday and Sunday afternoon.  More photos on what's been going on there in the next post.  I did update my quilt guild bingo board though.



I made Bingo Boards for all the members of my quilt guild to work on.  Each one was different.  To be fair, Sarah made mine.  She made very sure not to include anything that she thought would have me starting new projects.  I haven't done too badly even though I only have 1 actual bingo so far.  I have all of September to work on it, so surely I can get a blackout!

The next blog post will show the sewing update, I hope!
Christi



 

No comments:

Post a Comment