About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Antique Mall Fun

 The first antique mall we went in was Artichoke Annie's.  Well, first we tried to find another antique mall, and ended up in a field.  But with a little help from google, we got back on a real road and found a different antique mall.


I did find some sewing machines.  I was nosing around this old one to see if it still had it's bobbin case when an older gentleman and his wife passed by me.  He said, "I'll bet you don't even know how to use one of those!"  At which point I felt obliged to tilt the machine up and examine it more closely pointing out things about it.  His wife politely nudged him on down the aisle.



There were so many quilts and unquilted tops.  This was the GREEN display!

Care for a photo anyone?

Some more interesting finds..........



And this guy was disturbing.  He doesn't appear to have hands, so I'm not quite sure how he got his mask on.


Sarah thinks she needs a small stand mixer for her kitchen.  Do you think this will work?  It's sure cute!


Another old treadle machine.........


I was thinking that I needed a small sewing machine to keep at her apartment.  This one is cute, but a little smaller than I was planning for.


There were loads of old quilt tops, quilts, and other assorted handwork items.  It made me realize that I don't want to accumulate quilts that will someday end up like these.  I'm going to start giving more away and hope they will be loved and used.





And a few more interesting finds.........


We then traveled down the road a little farther to the Veranda Antique Mall.  We didn't like this one as well as it was a bit more organized, cleaner, less dusty, and there wasn't as much opportunity for "discovery".


I did find this very amusing...........


And the tag on it read..............

Don't think we need to say any more about this one!


There were more quilts here...........displayed a little better.


And a plethora of newly made rib baskets.


One of my favorite things about both places was the locker system where I could lock my purse in and not have to carry it around.  The other really cool thing was that apparently it is common practice to take your dog antiquing!  This lovely lady was in both of the antique malls with us as were several other dogs.  One was even being pulled through in a wagon!



It was nice to wander through the booths, without all the crowds like in St. Louis.  

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment