About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

All things quilting......

So, it's been awhile since I've posted anything from the quilting room.  Let's catch up!

With the start of the Covid-19 Quarantine, you would think that would be a time to get lots of things finished.  However, I seem to be attracted to every "Stay-At-Home" quilta-long out there.

Here is my first such project done with Edytia Sitar from Laundry Basket Quilts.  She called it "California".  She gave a new block each day and how many to make (of course, using her fabrics).  She also showed where they would be placed in the quilt.  
Here is my first photo.............it's the pieces around the outside.  The inside block is the start of Bonnie Hunter's Unity quilt-along (I know, just like when you say the word "squirrel" to a dog...so many quilts to start!).  I pulled from my scrap bins and the neutrals are all from trimmings of other quilt backings.
Here are all 100 blocks completed and laid out on the floor.

A few minutes later, it looked like this thanks to Dory.

And then...........
It looked like this!

I'm working on webbing it together now, so just have 4 rows left to do and can then sew the rows together.  It will be getting some kind of borders depending on what I find in the stash.

 Back to this photo........
In the center is the start of Bonnie Hunter's Unity quilt-along.  This was the first step.  She is adding a round each week.  

Here it is with the round for the second week added.  I didn't enjoy this round at all.

And here it is with the third week added.  I like it much better now.  I am currently working on the fourth week.  I was really tired of flying geese, so am glad this week is only half square triangles.  I have everything cut and have started sewing.

Sew Sweet Quilt Shop is doing a Village quilt-along.  Everyone got a free pattern and you make house blocks as you wish.  I'm using leftover charm squares from partial charm packs.  I actually have about 30 of these made now.  If you do it like the pattern, it takes 132.  I may change it up a little.  I'm thinking of adding some trees in there.  I've also done a lot more with chimneys since this first photo.

Temmecula Quilt Company is doing a Stay-at-Home Sampler, giving out one block a day.  The blocks are only 3.5".  I'm using a charm pack and some neutrals in mine.  I may have 2-3 more blocks of this one done.  I don't do them every day because they are so quick to do.  I let it go and then do several at a time.

And, I finished these blocks for my guild's president's mystery quilt.  I am leading that one.  We started at the beginning of the year, and I was going to make it last for several months.  But due to everyone being home, I have been giving clues more often and will give the final clues in May.

There is more that I don't have photos of yet, so stay tuned for that.  I do actually have a couple of finishes, but haven't taken photos.

And lest you think that Cici hasn't been pulling her weight in the sewing room.........
She's obviously exahausted from all her efforts and guidance in fabric selections.  This is the pillow I made for her some time ago.  I think we finally have it in the right location for her to use it.  She didn't want to be left out since Dory made it in to this post and she wants you to note that she is not misbehaving in her photo like Dory did with the quilt blocks.

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment