About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Saturday, February 1, 2020

Welcome February!

I spent the first day of February taking stock of the January accomplishments from the sewing room and cleaning things up a bit.  So, the only thing that was TOTALLY finished  in January was my 2020 Presidential Mystery quilt which I can't show until the reveal which happens after all the monthly clues have been given.  

I did complete my OMG! (One Monthly Goal).  I have decided to set one goal each month that I really want to complete.  For January, it was to complete all of the blocks for my Farm Girl Vintage quilt.  When the month started, I had a few completed, and a few more cut, but still had to cut and sew a lot of blocks.



Here they are!  First, I had to spend some time cleaning the threads off the design wall (aka plastic table cloth back).  This took a lot of sweeping strokes with the lint roller.  There were so many threads, that blocks weren't sticking well anymore.  The Hubs thought it might have been easier to just purchase another tablecloth and dispose of this one, but I didn't want to be that wasteful.  Maybe next time I'll spend a couple dollars on a new plastic table cloth.  I put all the blocks on the wall and then The Hubs arranged them to his satisfaction.  This was what he came up with.

I wanted to sew some binding to a quilt so that I could have it hand bind during the Super Bowl tomorrow, but all of my flat surfaces seemed to be covered with parts and pieces from different projects and I didn't really have a place to trim the quilt.  So, I spent most of today going from project to project doing what needed to be done to clear some surfaces.  There was a piece of yellow fabric that needed to be made into binding for Delilah, so that got checked off the list today and the rest of the fabric from that project stored in the appropriate bins.  

The blocks for my team's Quilt of Valor were pressed and photographed and then clipped together to take to our work day this month.  Here are my blocks..........

Six more blocks for the Winterlude Calendar Quilt were made from the pieces laying by the sewing machine.  Then, they were all pressed and set together ready to add borders when I decide what borders to do.  I also had bunches of scraps on the cutting table that needed to be cut and sorted for the pieced border for my Dashing Through the Snow quilt, so those were attended to and I have a nice neat stack of leader/enders on the sewing machine.  The quilt was trimmed and the binding sewn on and it awaits on the coach to be worked on during the Super Bowl tomorrow.  I found some fat quarters and fixed them to "fling" into the fat quarter basket at guild meeting this month.  The Farm Girl Vintage blocks are now sewn into rows and waiting for the sashing rows to be completed.  So, most of the flat surfaces got cleared.  There is still one pile that awaits some attention.

Cici was there throughout the process, but no photos were taken as we were in cleanup mode!  The Hubs spent the morning cleaning his desk in his office (probably messier than my sewing room).  He was also grilling some ribs and apparently got so into his project that he burned them up.  Since that was supper, he's taking me out tonight and I'm choosing the restaurant!  

A couple of nights ago, Cici was digging behind the bookcase in the living room which was quite a feat as there is hardly any space between the bookcase and wall.  She desperately wanted something that was behind the bookcase.  The Hubs finally got the yard stick and managed to scrape out a couple of her toy mice............ones that we hadn't seen in months!  So, I suggested to my bored hubby (hey, he cleaned his desk, I know he is bored) that he move some things like the bookcase, couch, bed, etc, and vacuum and dust behind them and see what other treasurers he could find.  

Well, Cici does like to hide stuff.  He came up with at least 3 sparkly balls, 8-9 toy mice that we haven't seen forever, several empty spools, and a brand new watch that I "lost" several months ago.  It had been so long that I had forgotten about it.  

We are looking forward to the Super Bowl tomorrow.  They say there are 2 kinds of people who will watch the Super Bowl...........the ones that get together to watch it as a party and the kind who want to stay home and watch by themselves so they can really focus on the game.  We are the latter.  I found a couple of fun recipes to try and we will hang out watching by ourselves.........we can rewind and watch great plays over again or watch funny commercials again if the game is going badly.  

Here's to a Chief's WIN!!!!

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment