About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Dashing Through the Snow


We had this beautiful snow on Friday!  And fortunately, I didn't have to go outside at all!!!!  Which meant that this could happen............


My Dashing Through the Snow blocks were sewn together.  If you want to know how large it is, The Hubs is holding it up with his arms stretched up above his head and you don't see his feet, so that's how big it is..........real scientifically precise, huh?

The red and white churn dash blocks were made as leader/enders and then set on point with the green.  This was done as a quilt-a-long with Temecula Quilt Company.  They used much smaller pieces and didn't set theirs on point.  You can see a photo of how it was supposed to be done in my last post as Judy showed the Dashing Through the Snow quilt she had made.

I had lots of scraps the right size for 6" churn dashes, so used those instead of cutting smaller pieces.  I have some red/white pieces left and will add some more to make a red/white striped border.


This is my first UFO finish of the year.  Looks a little strange, but that's because it's the back.  I can't show the front yet as this is being done as a mystery quilt for my guild.  Since I am the president, I've called it the 2020 Presidential Mystery Quilt.  I've told them they should plan on hand sewing the binding down on election night while they watch election results (and say prayers of thanks that the election is OVER!)

On Saturday, the roads were cleared, so I made the trip up to Brunswick to sew the day away with the Scrap Attack group.  It was my first meeting with this group and it was really fun and productive.  
Mary brought some leftover half square triangles and made them into this cute table topper.  She also made of couple of potholders from the last of the leftover scraps.


Obviously, she is a little shy!  I have a stash of leftover half square triangles that I may use and copy this.

I completed the sewing on this project............

Meet Delilah!  She is so cute!  And if you want to know how big she is, The Hubs is holding her up with his arms over his head and his feet show, so she's a little shorter than Dashing Through the Snow!  The precise nature of the scientific measurements provided in this blog are astounding aren't they?!

And lest we not forget the real G.O.A T. (greatest of all time) Cici............



Yes, we caught you eating something you shouldn't be!


You know, I made this girl a really nice bed, but she doesn't use it.......purrfurs any blanket or quilt that gets abandoned on a chair or floor whether it's completed or not!

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment