About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, February 10, 2020

The Good and The Bad

The Chief's Won The SUPERBOWL!!!!  I had prepped the binding on this quilt to have to work on during the Super Bowl game, but someone had other ideas.  For awhile there, I was afraid the Chief's had other ideas about winning the game as well.  But, they prevailed in the end and I did finally get that binding done.  Haven't taken the finished photo yet though.  


This is a quilt of my mom's that Pam quilted for her.  It has a little more of a modern look than what we usually make.  

Below are closeups of the quilting on the front and back............



And during a basketball game (which they won!) last week, I was able to get the rows of blocks and sashings together for my  Farm Girl Vintage Sampler.  This is my main UFO project for the year which means it needs to be completed by the September meeting.  I have very little of the background fabric left,so am still debating about what to do for borders.  I have a whole tub of the other fabrics left, so it may get some type of pieced border and I will probably be making another quilt from the blocks in book 2!


And my OMG (one monthly goal) was to get my Tiny Tree quilted and bound!  It's done and it's not even halfway through the month!

So, I decided I needed a new OMG for February............
I would like to get the embroidery finished on this snowman table runner.


It's coming along.  I am working on the socks, boot buttons, and the candy cane now.  It has a pieced border that will be added after the embroidery is done.  

So, those are the good things.............. and now for the bad.  I have made 2 trips to Columbia for tests and doctors appointments for the bump on my upper gum.  They still can't decide what it is or what to do about it.  I am in another holding pattern waiting for a call back which they said would be about 2 weeks (and experience has taught me that really means 12 weeks).  And on the way home from the second trip last Thursday, I hit a slick patch of ice on the gravel road and managed to break off a utility pole with my car.  I was almost home.  At least I didn't cause a power loss for the neighborhood.  There is a new pole in place now since I really did break if off at the ground.


My poor car is going to need some repair.  It will be driveable when the hubs gets a new seat belt kit ordered and installed.  So, right now he is getting the wonderful pleasure of driving me to work, etc.  Kenzie is very put out with this development as she is used to riding in the truck with him.  In the meantime, I have declared a moratorium on doctors and dentists appointments.  I was pretty sore from the accident and spent a good portion of Friday and Saturday on the couch.  I did read 2 whole books!  Didn't get any sewing done though.  

We have guild meeting tomorrow evening (yes, the hubs gets to drive me there!) and we will be working on our Quilts of Valor projects, so I'll get some sewing time then.  Hopefully I will have some awesome quilt pictures to share!

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment