About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, February 17, 2020

Quilting and Basketball??


I know, quilting and basketball don't necessarily seem to go together, but the highlights of my week were a quilt guild meeting and a basketball game.

We got to travel (via DH's truck as the car is still under the weather from my accident) to Jefferson, Iowa to see the last game of the regular season.  It was all boys' games and they won all 3, Freshman, JV, and Varsity!  We got there just at the tail end of the Freshman game and it was tied at 38 with just a couple of seconds left on the clock.  Greene County passed it in and the kid swished a 3-pointer!  Everyone yelled "Jose!"  cause that was his name.  The other 2 games were won by larger margins, but I was thrilled to get to see Jackson play a lot in the JV game and then a lot in the varsity game.  They both played hard and smelled like it when we were taking this picture.


Here they are in the varsity game together..........Jackson is on the far left, and Carter is at the top of the circle (don't I sound like I know what I'm talking about?!).


And here's another photo of them playing defense.  Carter had 17 rebounds and was the leading scorer making ALL of his free throws.  Jackson scored in the varsity game as well.  My sister was the athletic trainer for the evening and tried to help as much as she could.  The leading scorer for the other team asked to have his right hand taped (it was pretty swollen) before the game, so she taped it, but told him she didn't think he was going to like it.  He told her he just wouldn't shoot.  She told him that was OK with her since she had 2 kids playing on the other team.  She said he just grinned at her.  We noticed he took the tape off after the first quarter.  

It was also the last game ever to be played in this gymnasium.  They are building a new high school and this one will be torn down, so they took a picture of everyone who was there who had ever played or coached in this gym.

And now, on to the guild meeting (or rather back to the meeting as it happened on Tuesday before the game on Friday)

More Tiny Trees...........

 Pam and I both had our trees finished.  


Placemats by Barb (above) and Gina (below)


 Gina also showed her striped quilt..............made from one piece of striped fabric that is cut and resewn to create this quilt.

And the colors reminded her of Halloween, so she put this on the back!

Another of Gina's

And one more..........

With very bright backing!


This was Kris's tree quilt.  She digitized the trees in her longarm computer and then quilted them into the negative space!

And her hexie's............

And a flimsy (not yet quilted) she had completed...........

And Mary had a small quilt to share..........

I also showed my blue batik (I've got to come up with a better name) quilt that I had finished, but still don't have a photo of it.

I am doing another mystery quilt for the guild...........The Presidential Mystery Quilt of 2020.  I showed these as a sample of the February clue.........everyone needs 200 of these segments.  I still need to get a few (more like a lot) more done this month to be ready for the next clue.

And, I did finish my second OMG (one monthly goal) last night.  That snowman embroidery is done.  I don't have a photo yet because I had to get some smudges out and press it, and it was still wet.  Photos will come after I have the borders pieced for it, but I'm excited to finish it now.

I finished up this cute wall hanging last night as well.
Christmas Baubles!  It was a free pattern from Moda Bakeshop.  Mary quilted it for me and I love the snowflake background and swirls in the tree.  The ornaments and borders were pieced from leftovers of a charm pack.  It really didn't take much fabric.  I found the binding already made (leftover from another project) in my red scrap bin!  

I might have gotten a little more done yesterday, but received an email from Carter (senior - nephew) requesting proofing and editing of a scholarship essay that was due today.  My sister had also texted saying, "Can you help him please?  I'm playing in 2 volleyball games this afternoon."  And we spent some time on Skype with DD - she wanted our opinions on ordering graduation announcements (yes, it's getting very REAL!).

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment