About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Apartments and Basket Weaving!

We're resting in a hotel in St. Louis this evening............exhausted from looking at apartments with DD today.  We arrived last night, drove around the Central West End of St. Louis (checking out the lighting around different apartments), and saw her office building.  The Hubs was much more interested in the very large concrete silos located between her office and Ikea.

This is a photo of the silos we took while we were driving today.  

DD had made appointments for us at 7 different apartment buildings (one an hour).  In the last demo apartment, we saw the most interesting decoration on the wall.........
To each their own, I guess.

We managed to finish our visits about 45 minutes early and DD immediately directed us to Ikea.  It's so conveniently located.  She found a couch and was looking for a bed with some storage...........

We decided this could be dangerous...........It makes me think of Audrey II, the plant from "Little Shop of Horrors" and it eating Sarah when she was reaching in to find stuff.

The driving wasn't that bad either.  We were using my new Christmas present, a Garmin, that we have named Holly.  I was a little disappointed that it didn't come with all of the quilt shops in the US already programmed into it.
Holly has done a pretty good job, even though she seems to have a little speech impediment............some of her pronunciations have been pretty entertaining.

Last week, I started working on a basket weaving project with Kelsey.  She picked a couple of really difficult patterns that I had never done before.  Our first efforts are on a Celtic Knot basket.  I decided to try it myself before trying to help her.

I had lots of assistance selecting reed..........

 She's sure she's helping!

So here is how the base is started.  She has now progressed further than me, but hopefully I'll catch up soon.

We're heading home tomorrow with a few stops in Columbia on the way.  I think we will all sleep well tonight.
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment