About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, October 28, 2019

Just Keep Sewing, Just Keep Swimming!!

 We had our guild quilt retreat this past Friday and Saturday.  We just stayed in town, and met in a church fellowship hall, but it was so much fun.  The theme was Stitchery Witchery!  Above is the pumpkin I carved for the event.  There was a table/machine decoration contest.  I didn't win as there were some really elaborate themes!

It was also the last regular season football game for my nephews, Carter and Jackson.  I had the guild members hold up signs wishing them good luck.  They didn't win, so finished 8-1, but did get a playoff spot, so have at least one more game this Friday night.  I missed out on some of the quilting games as I had my headphones on to listen at the retreat while I was sewing.

My favorite Show and Tell from the retreat!



Some of my retreat accomplishments......

 12 blocks for my Farm Girl Vintage quilt

My mystery block...........we had a list of fabrics and sizes to bring, then we got another clue every couple of hours during the retreat.........This pumpkin block was the result!

6 Dashing Through the Snow blocks (I feel like adding "And a Partridge in a Pear Tree" here).  

But instead, I'll share how our weekend just went (Seven Swans a) swimming along........

The hubs and I headed to Columbia on Sunday after church to a swim meet!  New experience for us.
This is Kenzie (second cousin from Omaha).  Isn't she gorgeous!  She's a freshman and was in Columbia for a swim meet all weekend at the Mizzou Aquatic Center.  We learned a whole lot about swim meets!  I even have a swim meet app on my phone now.  

She's in the top lane, lane 1 in this photo with a green swim cap.

We got to see her swim the 100 freestyle and the 1000 freestyle.  

 Just keep swimming........ I was impressed that some of her splits (I guess that's what you call them), got faster as the race progressed.  

The 1000 was the last race of the meet and required 40 laps!  Apparently all that swimming can really make you hungry because the hubs and I stopped at Dickey's BBQ Pit after the meet and devoured our meals!  I'm guessing Kenzie was devouring some pizza on the bus ride back to Omaha since she was the one who actually swam all those laps!

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment