About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, October 21, 2019

I've Got the Music in Me!

The Stitch by Stitch Quilters really got into the spirit of the Musical Inspiration Challenge.  Sit back and start adding songs to your play list!

"I Put a Spell on You!"  I loved this Halloween inspired quilt.



"On the Road Again" by Willie Nelson - antique cars embroidered and made into a quilt!


"Grandma's Feather Bed" by John Denver...........all homespuns with pillow ticking on the back!


"Radioactive" was really out of the norm for Becky!


John Denver makes a second appearance with "Country Roads, Take Me Home".  This was the neatest bag and it won the Challenge prize!


"Freebird"  The flying geese say it all!



"The Star Spangle Banner" was represented by this patriotic table runner.


"One Particular Harbor" by Jimmy Buffet........Judy had been to the east coast to see the lighthouses.


"My Favorite Things" from The Sound of Music.  Carol had made bowl cozies for herself from kitten, mitten, and rose fabrics.  Clever!


"The William Tell Overture" aka The Lone Ranger Theme........Ellen made this horse table runner.



"Jessica's Theme" from The Man from Snowy River.  Kaitlyn had a scene sillhouette screen printed onto her fabric, then embroidered the first measure of the music and the backing fabric actually came from Australia.  She's one of my former piano students, and this was her "signature" piece of music.  I think we learned at least 3 versions of it over the course of her piano career.


"Wild Thing, You Make My Heart Sing"  was the song inspiration for this cute quilt.


"Little Boxes" was the song title, it was the theme music for the tv show Weeds.  Cute quilt made only from scraps.


And mine..........."Soft Kitty" from The Big Bang Theory.  I didn't get my own picture at the meeting, so had to take one at the quilt show.  There are 104 pieces in this, not counting the gray border.  It was definitely a challenge.

So, go update your play list and enjoy the music!
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment