About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Thursday, September 20, 2018

Quilting Updates!

I started working on a new quilt while I listen to my nephew's football games.  I'm calling it "Friday Night Lights".  I made a rule that I can only work on this while I listen to his games on the radio.  I started cutting the pieces during the first game thinking that I might get everything cut by the end of the game.  However, the Greene County Rams had other ideas.  They had 18 penalties in that first game which made the game last over 3 hours and allowed me to get started sewing the blocks.  They did win though, tying their win record of the previous year.  Now, with 4 games in the books, they have a 4-0 record and my awesome nephew leads the state (Iowa) in touchdowns.  He's gotten at least one a game.

 I am using all Kim Diehl fabrics.  I had a jelly roll, 3 charm packs, and a little yardage that were all Kim Diehl fabrics, so decided to put them together to make a quilt.  
Cici is guarding the project box to make sure that I only work on it while listening to football games.  This includes any pressing, ripping, etc.  I am really enjoying the fabrics and can't wait to see how it all comes together.
I finished this table runner in August.  I machine quilted it myself using my walking foot on Tucker, my 301.  I think it came out pretty good.  I have already given it away.

 I picked up this Christmas panel, black snowflake print, and buffalo plaid fabric at Cuts 'N Bolts in Chillicothe.  It was totally an impulse buy.  I did cut the pictures apart and have made them in to blocks.........
 Cici is helping hold the blocks on the cutting table.

I am working on making this a throw for a Christmas gift.  

We stopped at Cuts 'N Bolts on our way to Bethany for a family reunion over Labor Day weekend and were able to pick up On Ringo Lake which they had quilted.  It is bound now.  The Hubs is up in DD's tree house holding it.  We have a lot of trees in our yard, and it's difficult to find a good place to take photos without getting light and shade.

For the next 3 photos, The Hubs is standing on the swing in our front yard to hold the quilts.

 This is a quilt that I quilted myself on my friend Gina's quilting machine.  I don't think I did too badly for my first try.  It will be donated to something before the end of the year.

 This is my "Roof Raising" quilt made from homespun fabrics.  It was my main UFO for quilt guild this year and I had it done by our September meeting deadline.  It will be a Christmas gift.


This is my Pinwheel quilt made from Kansas Troubles fabrics.  It will also be a Christmas gift.

 This was Mary's UFO that she showed at our guild meeting.  It's a Bonnie Hunter pattern called Roll Roll Cotton Boll.  I think it is beautiful, but would never want to do all those string blocks!


 Kris showed her Seeing Stars top.  She added some extra pinwheels and borders to make her top bigger than the pattern called for.  I love the variation!

 Kaitlyn (former piano student) showed her Bonnie Hunter Fair and Square quilt that she made as her 4-H project this year.  She even quilted it herself.  Some of my fabrics are in there.  Every week when she showed up to piano lessons, I would have some string scraps on the table, and I let her clean out my box of 1.5" squares.  I can get the lid to close on that tub now.  I wish she would do something with 2" squares because that tub is a long way from closing!

This is Nikki's quilt she made as a 4-H project.  She is also a piano student.

I have been looking at different quilting machines.  There is a shop in Boonville that will let you quilt a quilt on their machine.  I made this baby quilt to take there to practice on their type of machine.  And that's what I have been up to in the sewing room!

Christi

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That’s a lot of quilts completed. I know I’m going to love the Kim Diehl quilt. That is on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the one you're making for a Christmas gift! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome show of quilts! I can't wait to see what your Friday Night Lights looks like.
    Yea for your nephew!

    ReplyDelete