About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Patio Palooza!

Rain delays kept causing the concrete guys to push back our patio, but it finally happened in August!  It seemed so awful to be complaining about the rain after the extremely dry summer we had.

After they finally got it poured (during a fine misty morning), they had to wait until just the right time to start stamping the concrete.  

 This was done to make it look like slate.  After they finished, I kept saying, "I thought it would be darker...."

So finally on a sunny - no rain - day, the hubs put the sealer on and that made it darker!  I think it's beautiful!
 My parents came down for a couple of days after Labor Day so that my dad could help build the roof.  In two days, they got it up and over half shingled before it started raining again.

 I think Dad was a little tired the first evening....apparently so was Muffin!


Thanks to some machinery breakdowns, for which we really aren't that thankful, the hubs had plenty of time to work on the finishing while waiting for the combine repairs.....hopefully he will get it back today and get to go to the field.  This gave him time to finish up all the trip on the roof, build some temporary stairs, and add lights and a ceiling fan.  

And we harvested the pumpkins!  

So this is the project currently.........he has even reseeded the yard around it.  The composite boards for the stairs, railing, and posts are ordered, so that's all there is left to do!

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment