About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

And now September is flying by.........


Linda Kowalski was the guest at our August guild meeting........and here it is, September guild meeting tonight!  I thought I had better get these photos posted before the meeting so that I wouldn't have too many to share!  Linda shared some beautiful and unique quilts that she had made.

I loved this sunflower quilt.  It was a block exchange with a sunflower theme.  Linda commented that she would want there to be a size specification on the blocks the next time, but I think the different sizes of blocks make this quilt very interesting.


This one caught my eye as well.  I found it interesting, but am not sure that I would ever try it.  


And then my favorite from our guild show and tell was Carrie's quilt with all the animals.  I just think this is so much fun!

DD headed back to college mid August as well.  Here she and Jason are saying goodbye to Muffin.  



We were worried that Muffin might miss Jason, but we weren't worried about Cici missing him.
You can see that she has become much more relaxed.  She even waits for Muffin to come inside to play with her every morning.  She has also started sleeping on our bed again, usually on my pillow right next to my head.  Sometimes I don't even notice her, but sometimes my hair is in her way and she has to scratch around on the pillow to get my hair where it's not bothering her.  

The Hubs started working on our covered patio project mid August as well.  I'm pretty sure that's why we started getting all the rain.  Here are the photos of the first part - getting ready to pour the concrete patio.



Of course, anytime there is reason to use his Bobcat, he's happy!  It has progressed much further, but I'll have to post more photos later.

Here is a quilt top I finished in August.  It's called Kitchen Sink!  I have sent it with my sister to take to a lady in Iowa to quilt for me.  Not sure what I'll do with it as it turned out to be smaller than I was thinking.  Probably a gift for something down the road.

And that's all for now............
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment