About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

It Pays to Dig!

Last week my friend/neighbor, Karen and I went to Sedalia to visit a quilt shop that was closing.  The BIG sale is going on this week, but with my schedule, there was no time to go this week.  There was a sale last week, just not as good as this week.  I was just "Going along for the ride"!  Yeah, right!  I had told myself that if I saw some flannel to use as a backing for the Christmas quilt I'm working on, I could buy that.  Well, I did find some flannel and since I took the whole bolt, the price was better.  Then I noticed this lady digging through 2 rubbermaid tubs outside.  It was fill a bag for $5.  I didn't need anything, but thought it would be fun to "look".  Well, by digging deep into the tubs, I found some great pieces of fabric and ended up with 2 bags!  Here is the haul............



And here are the 2 bags unpacked..............


These are quarter yard cuts and fat quarters.


Half yards and 1 yard cuts.


And the scraps!

It was so much fun unpacking my bags!!!!


 I spent Saturday working on this Halloween wall hanging.  I have sent it to be quilted.


And I worked some more on the Christmas throw.  This is what the gray checked flannel backing was for.  I still want to add another border.

I did some outside work this weekend as well.  I emptied almost all of my potted flowers.  They didn't really look very good and I think I know what the problem was....
Some little pests had infiltrated them and were using them to nest in.  So cute!

Since Jason and DD went to college, Cici has taken to playing with Muffin when she gets to come in the house.  That's really nice because I'm sure Muffin missed playing with Jason.

She did get to Skype with Jason and DD one day.  It was pretty cute to see!


She's also enjoying Cici's window seat.

Cici has taken to trying to blend in with the stuffed animal display outside DD's bedroom door.

Apparently everyone misses Sarah!
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment