About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, June 4, 2018

June is Bustin' Out All O - o - ver!

It's June!  The rose bush on the east side of our house was very active at the end of May.  Most of the blooms are wilting now.  Just a little to the right of this is the new pistachio hydrangea that we planted.  I'm giving it another week to get bloomed out before taking a photo.



Just as the flowers are blooming, the bunnies were popping out of their nesting boxes.
DD and I loved the pen of little red mini rex babies and spent some time playing with them when we took care of the neighbors rabbits.

And when my parents came to visit, my Dad helped the hubs put up something for the pea vines to crawl up and cling to.
They are starting to curl up the wires a little.  We need some rain, or there won't be any peas.  I did notice the cherries are starting to turn pink.  My tree has about enough for 1 pie, if I beat the birds to them.  I think that sounds like enough as I still have several in the freezer.

My mom showed off this quilt she had just had quilted.
It is made of all solid scraps.  Parts of it were on the design wall when I visited the last of April to see Mercedes and Ana.  

I did some sewing in May as well.  I got the top for my main UFO project completed.  It's all from homespun fabrics.  I have the batting for it and another completed top cut, and had even purchased backing fabric.  However, the quilt shop shorted me quite a lot of both fabrics, so I don't have enough to make the backings.  I called them and they won't give me a refund or send more fabric, so I've just put the short pieces of fabric and the tops away for awhile.  I was so excited to get them quilted, but now I can't really look at them without negative thoughts (and the waste of $100 in fabric) crossing my mind.  I'll give it a few months and maybe feel better about things.  This may still be my main UFO in 2019!

I also finished putting the Seeing Stars blocks together.
This is done all in solids, a first for me.  I have cut the batting, made a scrappy pieced binding, and ordered fabric for the backing.  I just need to sew it together.  I'm kind of gun-shy though and haven't really taken it out of the packaging to make sure there is enough fabric.  

And here is our guild's opportunity quilt.........totally completed.  I think it is called Migration.  
That's a lot of flying geese!  I have tickets to sell!

We spent this past weekend moving dd to the house she is renting in Rolla.  There will eventually be 6 other girls there.
It's a big old house, with a new roof, windows, and good siding.  The inside has good bones, but it is definitely a "college" kid house.  It was so filthy.  We totally cleaned her bedroom and the upstairs bathroom, installed a lock on her door, replaced shower curtains and light bulbs, and probably killed several brain cells breathing in all the cleaning fumes!
 She has a large bedroom upstairs with bay windows.  Her quilted rocket wall hanging looks good there.  I had picked up the black drapes at a garage sale...........I'm not sure they had ever been used.  We brought her desk and chair from home (she even brought Power Ranger toys to "decorate" with).
I also got the little nightstand at a garage sale.  We think it looks like a Harry Potter trunk.  She is right across from the bathroom.

 This is the door that adjoins her room to her roommate's room.  The former occupant left the black cubby shelving there (along with lots of other trash).  I think she will eventually get the built-in shelves filled with books and Legos (more "decorating").  

She and the hubs put together the Ikea dresser and the former occupant also left the green Ikea chair.  She says that will be Jason's chair to sit in when he wants to watch things out the window.

Mr. Schwartz is already living there.  Apparently his owner dropped him off with a bunch of her stuff.  DD hasn't met the owner yet, but Mr. Schwartz seems to have adopted her and Paige (roommate).  He does seem to fit her black and white decor!  I think he has been lonely there.  I also think there will need to be some major adjusting when Jason 2.0 moves in.

I'm sure it will take some time............look at how many months it took for these 2 to learn to share the window seat!

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment