About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Guild Shop Hop!!!

A group of 14 guild members left for our shop hop on Friday morning a week ago.  It was so much fun!

After a stop at All About Quilting in Lexington...........
Four cars headed north................
Enjoying a leisurely drive behind some vintage cars on our way to Missouri Star in Hamilton!

We saw Jenny Doan on the screen.............
And in person!!!!
We headed even farther north to IOWA (idiots out wandering around) and spent some time at the Iowa quilt museum in Winterset.  They were featuring the quilts of Victoria Findlay Wolfe, who has a modern style.  




We loved seeing her quilts, especially some that were quilted by Shelly Pagliai, a quilter near us in Missouri.  Shelly had even done a program at our meeting in February!
We also shopped at the quilt shop and Ben Franklin in Winterset before enjoying supper at the local Mexican restaurant.
We stayed at a full hotel in Winterset.........full of quilters and .............bikers!  What a combo!
The next morning we headed to Pella to visit a quilt shop there and 
Jaarsma Dutch Bakery!  This is the gift I brought home to the hubs and DD!
 There was time to enjoy a pastry before heading on!

Catching the windmill on our way out of town!

We also stopped at Ottumwa at a quilt shop and I even slipped into a flea market/antique store.
I snapped a photo of this bird feeder I thought the hubs could reproduce.  (More on that later.)
After Ottumwa, some people also stopped at the Ben Franklin in Macon while others were tired and headed home with our loot!
Here is my loot!  Not my usual style and color, so be looking for something new in future posts (although it may be awhile as I should be working on finishing some of the things I have started.)
Sunday was the day of rest.............




Apparently it's exhausting for them when I leave.  I was ready to sew that afternoon!  It was a great trip!
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment