About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Time Flies!

I can't believe how this month has flown by...........here we are taking care of the neighbor's rabbits again while they are on vacation!  They were gone at the beginning of the month and now the month is almost over and they are gone again!

 Here are the babies that were born the last time I took care of the rabbits!


And, I picked their strawberries last night as well...............2 strawberry pies worth!


I did finish my second barn quilt embroidery block............


And, I got another drawn to start the embroidery on.  This was quite the undertaking as I use a light inside a clear plastic tub (homemade light box!), all of which were full, so had to take some Christmas decorations out of one..........which worried the hubs.........he questioned my sanity - getting Christmas decorations out in May!  He had heard of Christmas in July but thought May was really pushing it.

Speaking of the hubs............he has all his crops in and they are growing!  And, we have gotten a little rain to help things out.  I'm totally taking credit for the rain (let's just give God the day off, right?).  I started  washing the windows on my house - a project that is always done after the crops are in - and there is nothing like clean windows to bring on some rain!  I'm a little over half way done, so will get back to it soon - expect more rain!

I finally got all the pinwheels trimmed for my Seeing Stars quilt..........

which led to this............

I'm now working on the pieced borders.

And, I finished the blocks I needed for my homespun quilt.  It's on the sewing room floor waiting to be sewn together.  (Ignore the extra pinwheels scattered there from the Seeing Stars quilt......it's NOT part of the actual design!)

I actually have both of these quilts on the floor at the same time.............quite a contrast!

Since the hubs didn't like Christmas in May, how about Halloween in May!  

Pam quilted this black cat wall hanging for me............there are spider webs quilted into the pumpkins.  It's all finished and waiting for Halloween!

And speaking of cats.............  After my last post, 3 more mystery kittens showed up - and then disappeared again.  And, another cat had kittens - right next to Magic.  

They were very small and just didn't make it either.  So that left us with 10 (2 different sizes of kittens) for when DD got home from school.  

I introduced her to all of them the evening we got home (with 2 cars packed to the brim), and the next morning she was checking on them and came in asking, "How many yellow kittens are we supposed to have?"  I answered 2, and she made me come double check her counting (finals week had been very stressful and she didn't trust her mathematics ability) and there were 3!  So one more mystery kitty has joined us, bringing the total to 11.  

They are mixing up litters and playing everywhere - see these 2 different sized ones snuggled together!  We have made a connection with a rescue animal shelter (no kill) and will hopefully be delivering about 5 kittens to them soon.


Jason is still with us..............can't wait for him to move to college!  (I know everyone is wondering what would happen if we turned the on the burner on the cooktop!)

My quilt of valor group worked on getting our quilt set together on Saturday.

It was definitely a Comedy of Errors!  Everything from missing sewing machine cords, to mis-sized blocks, to 3 people ripping on the same long seam at one time.  We finally got it completed at 4 pm.  What a day!

Christi


No comments:

Post a Comment