About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Father's Day

This is a favorite photo that happened the week before Father's Day..........
They are watching a movie trailer for the new Winnie the Pooh movie which will come out the first weekend in August.  Seeing this is one of DD's plans for the weekend of her 21st birthday.  


It has been a busy June so far.  Quilt Guild went on a Shop Hop north into Iowa, I went back to Iowa the next week to visit my sister, and the garden and crops are growing despite the severe lack of rain.  (More on the Iowa trips in another post.)

The Hubs has been busy picking black raspberries.  He also picked the cherries from our tree and his dad's tree.  I had enough to make him a pie the evening I returned from the shop hop and put another pie's worth in the freezer. (DD also asked for a chocolate sheet cake that evening, so there was a lot of baking going on.)  I left him plenty of raspberries with short cake to eat while I was in Iowa for the second time.  And, we made jelly on Father's Day afternoon..............also started canning green beans.

Here is my pistachio hydrangea that is coming into full bloom.  I have been watering my flowers almost every day.  We're really hoping for some rain this week.

We brought food in to my in-laws for father's day.  Lloyd (in the middle) will be 90 this fall.  Both of his sons and his oldest and youngest grandkids were there to celebrate with him.

The Hubs got the most wonderful Father's Day gift................Jason 2.0 went to college!  DD reported that he did well for most of the car ride (even though his eyes were pretty huge), and even made it through the hills only spitting up a little one time.  I think she's really glad to have him there.

I'll admit it's a little quiet around the house.  Cici is coming around more and enjoys eating without constantly looking over her shoulder to see if Jason is on the attack.  She even purred when I picked her up!

I have spent a little time sewing this month.  AND, as guild secretary, I had inherited this tub of old minutes and stuff.  It was packed to the top and not everything would fit in.  I spent a few evenings sorting through everything, consolidating, pitching duplicates, and organizing by year.  Now everything fits in with room to spare.  The tabs are even labeled up through the year 2023!  I will happily hand this off to the next secretary at the end of the year.  I had received the Round Tuit at the May guild meeting and this was the project that I really needed to get around to doing.
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment