About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, April 16, 2018

Crazy weather...........

Where to begin?  Are you as confused as I am by this weather?  We had guild meeting a week ago and our new opportunity quilt is quilted!  I think it looks amazing!  All those flying geese seem to know which way to go..........something that probably can't be said about the real geese..........this crazy weather has to have them so confused!



We also had a wonderful guest speaker from Kansas (Tony Munoz) who was thoroughly entertaining.  This is his quilt about his tornado experience.  My sister and family had an F1 tornado hit their town in Iowa this week.  They live on the south side of town and it hit on the north.

And here are some other shares from guild members...............

Judy is hiding behind this project she created.  She was supposed to create something black and white with only one other color as part of a challenge project she was participating in.  I watched her work on this at retreat in January.  I think she did a wonderful job.

Carrie shared this wonderful woodland creature baby quilt she did.

And Beth's (she's just peeking around her quilt) made us all feel like spring!


Magic enjoyed a day of spring weather last week................

And then we had this.............
This was my drive to work a week ago.  It was actually the perfect snow...........beautiful, but not on the road!  If only it wasn't April!


I have been working on my roof raising blocks from homespun fabrics.  This one had a mistake in the lower right corner that has been fixed.  I have cut enough to make 56 blocks and have them kitted and ready to go whenever I get the chance to sew.



 I finished the binding (with help holding the quilt down while I worked) on this quilt made from the old friendship blocks from the 30's & 40's.  I shared it at guild, but for some reason don't have a photo of the front.

These are my Seeing Stars blocks - our Block of the Month guild project.  I am working ahead to test the pattern and have found some issues with the setting pieces, so need to do some figuring to provide the adjustments to the pattern for everyone.

 I also spent some time squaring up these nine patch blocks I purchased at our guild garage sale last November.  
Then I used my stripology ruler to cut the sashing strips and cornerstones I want to use to set them together.  I just love this ruler.

The Hubs has been itching to get into the field, but it's been too cold and wet.  So, he did a little sewing machine maintenance for me.  

We also visited DD in Rolla on Sunday.  She was singing in the church choir and hates to have her picture taken.

On the way home, we visited cousins and an aunt and I was gifted 2 half-yard cuts of blue batik fabric they had picked up at a quilt shop in Alabama on a recent road trip..........
S.E.A. Quilt Shoppe on Gulf Shores, AL!
Just need to find the time to work on some projects!
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment