About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July!  I know this is a day late again, but the hubs was using the computer all evening last night for farm stuff, so I was put on hold.  He spent the day weighing 1200 pigs, so there was a good deal of data to work with last night.

We spent the weekend in Bethany with my family and another family who had lived in Bethany when we were growing up.  They had 4 kids and we all went to the same church and just spent a lot of time together until they moved away.  We hadn't seen them in over 20 years, so it was fun to get together, meet the kids of the kids, and reminisce.  

We were actually gone for 3 days and 2 nights!  I wasn't sure that DD would make it since she had to leave her favorite kitten at home!


Here are the 7 of us who grew up together.  I am actually the oldest person in that photo!
And these are the cousins who hadn't been together since Christmas...........minus one who is in Washington DC doing an internship this summer............yes,  DD is the only girl!

We were lucky to get there after the rains we had last week.  As we were leaving, we stopped on our road to take these photos...........

And after we were on our way, my neighbor texted me photos of the water actually over our road!  That has only happened one other time (flood of 93) since they put in the new bridge and raised the road.  We saw lots of water over fields on the way up, and on the way home when the water had receded, we smelled the fields of rotting corn.

Also on the way up, we stopped at Cuts and Bolts in Chillicothe so that I could drop off a quilt for a friend to have quilted, and she sent me a check and her shopping list so I could pick up some fabric for her.  This gave me a chance to catch a photo of that cute Row by Row pattern............
And of course, we stopped in Hamilton at Missouri Star!  The Daily Deal was THREAD!!!  We got to see the latest mural,
And DD found some really large jelly rolls.........
And I found a treasure trove of half price fabric!
I'm also happy to report that it's all folded and added to the stash!

Fortunately, Grandpa had some kittens for us to play with.


There were 5 of these long-haired beauties, 4 black and 1 gray.  They were so cute.  There was one that was so mellow and droopy, that we thought maybe he was a little "slow", so we named him Ed, as in "Special Ed".  

The Hubs and I slipped out Saturday afternoon to visit the antique/flea markets in Bethany.  We never seem to get to do that when we're there.  It was fun.  The Hubs made the first purchase, a manual for an old John Deere corn planter he used to have............not sure why he needs the manual now, but he wanted it.  I purchased this beautiful potato masher to give to my neighbor who was wanting one to use to make a basket.
I also found this quilt..........
And the Hubs was in Hog Heaven over this............

Fortunately, we didn't have room in the car for it, so it got to stay there!

I found a couple of old sewing machines, but the photos seem to be on Hubby's phone.  We also noticed that there were many old musical instruments............probably enough to start your own band.  We were only gone for 2-3 hours and managed to hit 5 different antique places.  

A little sewing has been going on.  Since I couldn't have the computer last night, I worked on some more of my scrappy Civil War star blocks.  I just wasn't sure I was liking them, so decided to put some on the design wall to get a better "picture" of what the quilt would look like.
This isn't all of them, and I still have about 13 to make.  I have the fabric for the sashing which will be a creamy neutral.  I think I'm going to like it.

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment