About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Cats and Quilts!

Why do those 2 things just seem to go together?  Cici informed me that her photo didn't make it into last week's blog, so I'm making sure to get her in this week.
Apparently she is keeping this quilt that I was putting binding on from slipping to the floor.  It's so nice that she can help out this way.  Mom made this one and I got it back from being quilted  and put the binding on for her.  She'll get it this next weekend............all finished!



Wednesday, my neighbor Karen and I traveled to Cuts & Bolts in Chillicothe to pick up a quilt that they were quilting for me.  The hubs had dropped this off on his way to the pork expo in Des Moines.  They remembered him!  We had lots of fun there.  It was the first day of the Row by Row and people kept stopping in to pick up her pattern............a really cute verticle row with an outhouse on it!  I should have taken a photo.  Sorry.
Here is my scrap basket challenge from a couple of months ago.........Scrapbasket Blues!  Cici photo bombed the picture.  She's trying to pounce on the toes that were creeping out under the bottom of the quilt.  This will be given as a wedding gift in a couple of weeks.
I also worked on some placemats for my sister-in-law.  I was trying to get 8 completed by next weekend when we head to my parents' but found out she won't be there, so the pressure to finish those is off.  I have 4 finished and figure I have until Labor Day weekend to get the rest completed.  I'm machine quilting them myself, well, me and Tucker.  He is sporting a walking foot, and it's going pretty well.

I had told my mom that I was just going to break out a brand new batting and cut it up for the placemats and a 30" square wall hanging, but when I opened the closet and saw that pile of batting scraps, I just couldn't do it.  So, I made several Frankenbatts (pieces cut off from other quilts sewn together to make a big enough piece to use).
Here is what still littered the floor after I got finished with the placemat battings.  I also did the batting for the wall hanging.  Then I folded up all the pieces (some got tossed for just being too small) and put them back in the closet.  I just couldn't waste them (no, I don't save Cool Whip containers, but wasting batting is somehow just sinful!)

In my efforts to straighten up the sewing room, I put fabric away and was putting orphan blocks in the tub for stray blocks and stopped to look through everything that had accumulated there.
I think a "kitchen sink" quilt is definitely on the books for next year.  (That's just like it sounds, you put every stray block you have into one quilt!).  

The Magnificent 7 have been having some adventures.............they are now traveling into the corn field for whole days.............quite a distance judging by the burrs in their fur, they are also sleeping in trees.
Of course, DD is very concerned about the corn field adventures since they are probably the smallest critters out there, so has been keeping her favorite little guy very close at hand.
When she's in the house, he's in the house!

We made a trip to the orchard Saturday afternoon and brought home some early peaches and applesauce apples.  We put 39 pints in the freezer Sunday afternoon!  

Monday evening, we had Italian chicken pasta stir fry for supper.  It's quick and easy, looks beautiful and tastes delicious!

Okay, so I realized late Tuesday evening that this didn't post on Monday evening like I had thought.  Sorry it's late!

Christi

1 comment:

  1. Making frankenbatts is sure time consuming, but like you, I feel so virtuous after they are done. I need to tackle mine again.

    ReplyDelete