About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, July 24, 2017

Gettin' Stuff Done!

It was a busy week!  David's sister was here from Texas, my parents visited and stayed 2 nights, and we had all the usual stuff to do.  My mom, dad, and I spent Wednesday on the road.  We stopped at Joyce's fabric shop in Pilot Grove.  Mom had been wanting to go there ever since I told her about my first trip.  She loved the place!
This is my Stash Enhancement eXperience from the visit!  All that fabric for less than $25.  The gold fabric next to the gray has a flaw in it, so I got the piece for $1.50/yard.  I'll just be careful to cut around the flaw when I'm piecing!  The second piece from the left is my favorite.  Now I'm trying to think up some project to use it in.

Here is the striped quilt I took with me to try to find a border for.  I didn't find anything.

I made this from a 2.5 yard piece of striped fabric.  It's pretty cool the way it works out.........kind of three dimensional!  

After Joyce's, we headed on to Jeff City to visit my dad's cousin, and then back through Ashland to see my cousins and aunt!

We had a big rain and storm Saturday night.  The hubs let both dogs inside before we went to bed.  We got 2" of rain, lots of thunder, lightning and wind.  Hubby got up in the night to let Magic out.  He walked out on to the deck, sniffed, and came back inside.  Kenze wouldn't even consider coming up from the basement.  The storm definitely wasn't over.  Usually it doesn't bother the cats because they have a nice shed with food and water to hang out in.  I think they had a rough night though because these big limbs were covering their shed in the morning.
We couldn't see that in the dark, but DH figures that's why they were all plastered to the door when he tried to let the dogs out in the night.  They were pretty wary of things on Sunday.

I did spend a lot of time in the sewing room over the weekend.  I worked on things that I really don't like.  I finished 2 nice tops for DD to wear with her interview suit.  I also worked on the paper-pieced blocks for my UFO quilt.
Cici loves to play with the crinkly paper.  I'm proud to say that I got the blocks done and had the hubs work on the layout.
I have the rows pinned together and ready to sew now.  I also spent some time watching TV and putting the binding on my En Provence quilt.
I had some help from different members of the Magnificent 7!  I'm glad to say that the quilt is done now, even has the label on it.
It's only on my bed for the photo.  It's still not my favorite quilt, but the quilting on it is amazing!
I also got all the components for my Old Tobacco Road quilt done, and several of the rows sewn together.  It was nice to finish a few things and get my sewing room a little more under control.  Now I'm looking forward to this weekend to see what more gets done!
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment