About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, June 19, 2017

Retreat!!!!

This past weekend was my quilt guild's retreat at Sew Sweet in Brunswick.  It was a Friday-Saturday event, but I was only able to attend on Saturday.  When I carried my stuff in on Saturday morning this was the first thing I noticed on a design wall.........
I immediately asked who was working on this and it was Michelle.  I am working on the same pattern.  It's a Bonnie Hunter mystery from a few years ago and is a free pattern on her website called Old Tobacco Road.
Michelle is obviously a little further along than I am.  I worked on the green/neutral pinwheel blocks.  Now that I've seen hers, I can't wait to get mine to that stage to see it come together.  However, this is supposed to be what I'm using as Leader/Enders, so I'm trying to keep myself in check and work on the other things I need to do.  

I did get ROUND TUIT and to get some things finished.
Here is a table runner for my sister...........all finished and ready to give her at the end of the month when I see her.  The red & black Tuit is one of our guild activities.  There are 2 of these and whoever takes them home has to get round to doing something that has been on their list for awhile or that just needs to get finished.  I'll take the Tuit back to the next meeting and give it a toss and whoever catches it (sort of like catching the bouquet at a wedding!) takes it for a month to help them get round to getting things done!
Here is another Tuit project finished!  This is my group's Quilt of Valor.  I did the binding and put the label on the back and it's all ready for the July meeting where we present them to the recipients.  

This is Marsha's black and white garlic knots quilt that she was making blocks for at our January retreat and now has them all sewn together.  This is going to be a wedding gift!  I need to try something like this.

Here is Gina's quilt that we all admired.  Gina managed to get binding on 4 quilts at the retreat!

Here are Cynthia's and Gina's quilts they made with the 4-patch blocks we exchanged last year.  I showed my Happily Scrappily Irish quilt (I had to wait for DH to get out of bed Saturday morning so I could get it off the bed to take for show and tell).  My name was drawn from the pot and I received a really cute Ikea bag!

Last night as we were crawling into bed, DH told me he was really glad I didn't go to retreat for 2 days and stay all night because he would have been really cold without his quilt!
I got lots of stuff done at retreat even though I was only there one day.  I didn't go Friday because I joined some wonderful piano students for a performance of Beauty and the Beast at the Lyceum.


Aren't they adorable!  It was a wonderful performance.  DD and DH enjoyed it as well.

No flea market shopping this weekend.  I did get the drawers painted this week and DH helped complete the project for Cici.
There is carpet in the lower drawer and I am covering a cushion for the top drawer.  Notice the hair brush under the bottom drawer so that she can scratch!  We're not sure she likes it yet.  DD is going to hang something from the drawer handle for her to play with.

DD had her first test in Calc 2 last week.  It was an A!  She did lots of studying.  Studying for a calculus test can make you very tired.

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment