About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, February 6, 2017

Keeping on track.........

We made a trip to Rolla this weekend to see the DD at school.  We went car shopping with her and decided it was time for her to have something more reliable that got better gas mileage than our old sorento.  After some negotiation, we all decided on a 2016 Kia Sportage.  She won't get it until Thursday.  The best part is that she finally made it up the list far enough to get a parking pass that is much closer to her dorm!!!!  Yeah!!!  This is actually as exciting as a new car!  And, honestly, I really don't enjoy car shopping at all, so I'm glad it's over with.  I think the DD would have looked at every dealership in town, driven all sorts of cars, and drawn the process out much longer.  We assured her that when she gets her next car (which she will be purchasing herself), she can shop to her hearts content!  

DH and I did some driving around Rolla to kill time on Saturday and discovered some new areas.  Here is a photo of the old courthouse.
And here is the new courthouse, right next door.



While we were driving around, I wondered aloud that we had never seen the high school, or any school other than S&T in Rolla.  As we turned the corner to the courthouse, this building came in to view.
So, we stopped to take a photo and look what the stone sign said...........
Rolla High School - erected 1915 - Ask and ye shall receive!!!  Trust me, the University is a little more modern.

We also tried out some different restaurants, other than the chain restaurants we had eaten at in the past.  DH and I had lunch at the Tator Patch.  We will definitely go there again.  There were several things on the menu that sounded good.  DH had the tenderloin sandwich which was as good as the one at the golf house here and twice as big.  He couldn't eat it all.  I also noted (this was a bar, btw) that there was live entertainment on Friday and Saturday evenings.  Next weekend they are having dueling pianos which sounded very interesting to me.

For supper, we took DD and 2 of her friends to a place we had heard about but had never found.............Randy's Roadkill BBQ and Grill!!!  It was definitely an interesting place.  All of us girls had the pulled pork.


DH had the roadkill which he said was very good, but he couldn't eat all of it.  Here is a photo of one of the aprons you could purchase.
 Remember - It's not fast food, It's food that wasn't fast enough!

After church on Sunday, we went to Di Traponi's, and Italian Bistro in an old renovated building downtown............wonderful Italian food!!  I'm going there again just to try a dessert next time! 

On the way home on Sunday, I convinced DH to come home on 50 highway through Sedalia so that we could stop at the Super Bowl Sale at D&T Quilt Shop!  It was closing at 4, and we got there about 3.  DH stayed in the car listening to a book on tape and I went in.  It only took me about 20 minutes.............

 I purchased 27 neutral fat quarters.  My neutral stash has been severely depleted recently, so this seemed like a good investment considering the sale prices.

Quilting has been coming along.  My curved log cabin is finished.  I'll have a photo when I get the quilting marks cleaned off.

I'm also going to keep track of the things I start this year.  I started the red & white table runner in January for my scrapbasket challenge of using solid fabric.  I posted a photo of this one already.  It's at the quilter's now.  

I just finished putting these blocks together.  This is the Town Square quilt from the Town Square book.  I used a fall preprinted panel and fall fabrics.  I need to add borders.........any suggestions??
Christi


1 comment:

  1. All of the eateries sound delicious.
    I'm very curious about the school. The log construction seems like it should be an earlier date. I hope they restore it.

    ReplyDelete