About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, February 13, 2017

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day to all!  I made DH homemade angel food cake (Great Aunt Mildred's recipe) this afternoon and fixed fresh strawberries to go with it.  I also did some chocolate covered strawberries!  We have a quilt guild meeting tomorrow night, so I'm planning to take DH out to eat Mexican prior to the meeting.  I invited him to the meeting since it's Valentine's Day, but he declined.

Romance is in the air.  DD came home this weekend to try on her maid of honor dress for a wedding she's in on March 4th.  I had to alter it a little and wanted her to try it on before I clipped curves, etc.  Now I need to hem the slip she's wearing.  We also practiced a hairstyle.


We had discussions about maid of honor responsibilities.  She was amazed to learn that she had to sign the marriage certificate as a witness.  Her response, "What name should I use?"  She's way more worried about decorating the car!  

RED is the color for our February scrapbasket challenge.  I still haven't totally decided what red thing to do.  Here is a photo of the way I have decided to put my red nine patches from our guild exchange together.  I still have to make several hour glass blocks, but need to get more fabric.  I'll do that in Brunswick when we are there for retreat later this month.
My squares in the nine patches are 1.5 inches.  I just helped my mom do the same setting with some nine patches made with 2.5 inch squares.  Here is her quilt.

She had extra blocks, so they got pieced in the backing.

I also finished an antler basket this weekend.  DH helped me drill the original antler for the handle, and then drilled another to attach to the base for balance.



Cici was a great help with the weaving.  She loves to snuggle into a pile of basket reed and play with it, or chase the end of the piece I'm weaving in the basket.  

Do remember this song from Sesame Street? "One of these things is not like the others"????  Cici's favorite thing is to tumble bunches of DD's stuffed animals down the stairs.  She definitely keeps life interesting.
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment