About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Saturday, October 3, 2026

How can it be October?

We're so glad the dog days of summer and the extreme temps we had are over.  My animals are very much like me.  We really enjoy air conditioning!  Harry Potter and Mabel did their best work sleeping in the house during those hot days!


It's confession time.  I have not sewn a quilt block since that retreat back at the beginning of September, so before Labor Day............can you believe it?  It was a very busy month with piano lessons starting and a few more trips.  Let's time travel back a little ways............

The second weekend of the month, we spent in Kansas with some friends.  Our goal was the Kansas State Fair in Hutchinson, Kansas, but our first stop was at the Eudora Quilt Show in Lawrence, KS.  It was a very nice show, well displayed.  So I'll just let you browse through some of my favorites.



The quilt below, I'm pretty sure, is a pattern called My Kinda Town.  This one is on my UFO list, but has barely been touched.  Also, I'm pretty sure this person rearranged the town a bit because it's not really how I remember it looking.  





I love how they did this panel in the quilt below.  You know about my weakness for panels and this one really captured my attention.


I'd like to try the one below as a scrap quilt from my stash.  


And this was another scrap quilt idea.  I make a lot of four patches, so I thought this would be a different way to use those.


And they had vendors at the quilt show.  I told my husband that I didn't need anything, but just wanted to look...............which is what I did at the Vendors.  But at the guild garage sale, I was like a kid in a candy store.  


There are several books and patterns (which I didn't need, but at a dollar a piece, I couldn't resist), a Christmas fat eighth bundle on the right, a Christmas jelly roll, and the bundle tied with twine is five one-yard cuts of Christmas fabric.  I gave that bundle to my mom the next weekend since she has a book of five one-yard cut quilts, and she already has a top together from the fabric.  She sent me a picture with dimensions so that I could get backing for it.  (and I haven't pieced a block in over a month 😕)

I did get the Jelly Twist quilt quilted and shown at the September meeting.  


And I got 3 mondo bags and a couple of little zipper pouches that had been started in the middle of August finished for someone.  I still need to get them in the mail.


They were made from a Peanuts jelly roll.  You can see what Esme has to say about the "dog" thing.


And I just finished Bert and Ernie, for ME!  Actually, I still have to sew down the hanging sleeve on the back, but I can get that done before the quilt show next weekend!  I really wanted this finished for the quilt show.


While quilting this one, I noted what large noses muppets have and how much hair product these two must have used to get it to stand up like that!

And I quilted 5 table runners for my mom and this large quilt for another guild member to show in the quilt show.  


She chose this orange minky for the back which looked awesome, but I did have to vacuum a lot of orange fuzzies after it was done.


Well, I'm leaving you here for now.  I'll post about the Kansas State Fair and some other stuff over the next few days, so keep a lookout for more posts.  

I should update the UFO list, but the only real change is that Jelly Twist is finished.  So that just leaves 3 quilts, My Kinda Town, Legendary, and the 30's blocks.  None of those appear to be going anywhere too fast.

Christi



 

No comments:

Post a Comment