About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Thursday, March 2, 2023

Watch your step!

 We had been talking (way back) about getting rid of the carpet in the dining room and doing some kind of hard floor.  Well, when the hubs was bored because we didn't have pigs for 3 weeks, he decided it was time to do something about it.  Now, let me say that you have to be careful what you ask for, because you can walk in your door and find he's already torn something apart and is working on it.  I have learned to say (frequently), that I'm not sure yet and let's think about it.  So in all that thinking, we are now getting new flooring in the dining room, kitchen, living room, spare bedroom and hallway.  

Of course, picking it out was another drawn out affair.  We looked at Lowes, Menards, Home Depot, Sutherlands, and just weren't jumping for joy over any of the selections.  The flooring companies all have these neat web features where you can upload photos of your home and then "try" different floors in the space.  

Here are the photos we used..........


Notice my Singer 301 and a bag of show and tell in the right of the above picture ready to go to a quilt guild meeting.



And how many photos have a four-legged friend in them?









While this was fun to do, it really made me see things I didn't like.  We finally went to our local flooring place and found TOO MANY options.  They had us bring several things home to look at...........









So many choices...........I sent pics to family for input, put the photos on my piano student facebook page asking which flooring would enhance their piano lesson experience, etc.  Opinions varied greatly.  I had to inform one piano mom that we couldn't do the really light flooring because Willow would blend in and become a trip hazard.  We are getting older you know and have to worry about trip hazards!



So, the final decision was made by ESME!  We just put the planks out and let her walk on them and the one she settled on was the winner!  Want to know what she chose?  



Obviously making this decision was exhausting.  And, she's not telling yet.  You'll just have to wait and see.  We ordered it and it was supposed to come in yesterday.  We'll get on the short list for installation.  I'll post pics when it's complete!

In the meantime, the hubs occupied himself repainting Sarah's room (without her permission!).  She still doesn't know and won't until she comes home to see us.  We'll see if she even notices.

Christi


No comments:

Post a Comment