About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Sunday, March 12, 2023

The Time Changed and We're Out of Sorts!

 Well, the time change sort of snuck up on us.  No, we weren't late to church thanks to the fact that I don't sleep well and woke up at 5:20 and had the weird thought that maybe I should check my phone which listed the correct time as 6:20.  We are normally right on top of things and reset all the clocks the night before, but this time, well, we had other things on our minds.

Flooring!  No, it's not done yet, but we are in the process of tearing everything out to get ready and what a mess.  Cici, Esme, and Willow are pretty much distraught at the state of things.

The tractor and wagon are backed up to the back door to haul away the old stuff.

This is the current state of the dining room.  A week ago I had emptied the corner cabinet and put all of the china in big coolers and stacked them on the back porch in true redneck fashion.  The old carpet was pulled up Saturday.  And the piano was rolled in from the living room.  Yes, it will make for some interesting piano lessons tomorrow!  (I have postponed all of the Wednesday lessons until Thursday because the kiddos are out of school that day and supposedly everything will be back to normal in the house by then.............I'll believe it when I see it.)

Willow walks in the back door and just stops.  She doesn't like the current state of the floor in the dining room.  It was very sad last night when I was making pizza in the kitchen and she had to look in the window.  Pizza is one of her favorite things!  Apparently I drop a lot of toppings on the floor.  She cried outside, but wouldn't come in.

The spare bedroom............this is very upsetting to Cici.  This was her room.  She had a special spot on the bed which is now tilted up against the wall in our bedroom, and all of the other furniture and carpet is missing.  She keeps walking past her bed in our room and tries to figure out what to do with herself.  I know she slept on the floor at the bottom of the steps last night where she could keep an eye on her bedroom and her bed in our bedroom.

And this is our bedroom with lots of extra stuff piled in.  Esme is concerned by all the stuff that has accumulated around her cat tower in front of the window.  


Well, as I have been writing this, most of the living room carpet has disappeared.  Unfortunately, the kitchen tile is not going to come up nearly as quickly.  We worked with heat guns last night and after half an hour had 2 and a half tiles up.  Stay tuned.

And stay tuned for a couple more posts............we took a trip to Hamilton last week, and I have several quilting projects to share!

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment