About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Friday, December 9, 2022

This and That


 I didn't really know what to title this post, as it's a hodge podge of lots of things.  I'm still so happy to have the Scrap Happy quilt top finished.  I have even picked up some backing fabric for it...........just need to piece it together.  The batting is already cut for it too!  Do you suppose there could be one more finish in 2022?  Let's not get too hasty, there's lots to do for Christmas yet.

Oh, and all those stars in that quilt.............


Well, they yielded (I feel like I'm talking about the crop harvest here) 200 little half square triangles that need to be squared up to 1.75".  I'm planning some sort of pillow from them.  But the trimming is gonna take awhile.  I counted these on December 5th, so decided that if I trimmed 10 a day they would be done by Christmas!  So far I'm on track, but it's only been 4 days.


My little block loc ruler comes in handy for this process.

And I have been quilting for others............some lucky folks will be getting quilts for Christmas!


I really enjoyed quilting this Dauphin Island quilt in patriotic colors.  There is a Hedge Hog baby quilt on tap for today.

Of course, Esme has to "take one for the team" on a quilting day and spend most of the day "working" in the sewing room.



Obviously it's time for a belly rub...........


A sewing day usually means that Willow stays outside.  We keep trying to make the bed big enough for her but it never seems to work.


I volunteered at the local animal shelter with a young person from church.  It was our job to interact with the animals...........  after some extensive dog belly rubbing, we made our way to the cat room.  There was the cutest litter of kittens..........meet Shaggy, Fred, Daphne, and Velma.  At least they hadn't named one of them Scooby Doo!





I also spent a day making stuff for Christmas in the KITCHEN!

Some sweet chex mix.........


Christmas mints - a favorite of my sister.........


Spiced pecans for David.........


I also made his haystack cookies, and the peanut butter bon bons that Sarah loves.  I'm totally out of Christmas tins and there is still stuff to make!

Willow found the sugar high exhausting..............


If you look closely, you can see that one of these furry things has not had a bath...............

Did you figure it out?  It's the reindeer toy at the top of the photo.  The other 3 are nice and fluffy and smell good for a change!

Well, the day holds much promise.............some sewing and quilting, maybe some peanut clusters, the list of house cleaning chores is long, and the only presents that have been wrapped are the ones David has done.  AND, my nephew Carter is starting his indoor track season today, so I'll be checking the link to the scoring app that they sent me.  The day holds so much excitement!  Hope yours is wonderful.
Christi


No comments:

Post a Comment