About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Quilting........

The above photo is my guild's opportunity quilt for this year.  It is a really large quilt and gorgeous.  I have tickets if anyone needs them.

Sew Sweet Quilt Shop has been doing another quilt-along.  This one is called Pixel Chain.  It uses 2.5" strips, so is perfect for a jelly roll and some background fabric.  I decided to use strips I already had cut in my stash bin, so focused on blues, greens, and those in between blue and green.  What does it say that I didn't have to cut any strips from yardage?

The blocks are simple enough to make, but I don't seem to be progressing very quickly on it.


I did finish the 2 quilts I made with the denim my sister-in-law gave me.  I added some homespuns to these quilts and quilted around the pockets so that you can still store stuff in your pockets!  The one above is a throw size and the bottom one is sized for the bed in their horse trailer.

I also finished quilting my challenge project.  I think it turned out ok.  Not too sure what I'm going to do with it.

This was the barricade I made to keep Esme out of the longarm area overnight when I was quilting.  It worked, so I may try this again.

 

The garden is winding down.  We have dug the potatoes - didn't get as many as we planted.  We have harvested several spaghetti squash.  The only things still growing are the cantelope and tomatoes.  I have made several batches of pasta sauce, one of pizza sauce, and one of smoky salsa.  Please ignore the weeds in the photo.

And the update on Sarah's cat search is that she is still searching.  The first shelter she visited had several but most were positive for feline leukemia.  So today she is reaching out to another organization to get an appointment to look.  She told me that in her online search, she has 50 kittens tagged in her favorites.  I hope she can settle on just ONE!

I need to get moving on to something today.  My housecleaning chore is vacuuming, but since Cici is currently snoring in the window seat and I don't want to disturb her, I'll probably put that off for awhile.

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment