About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, January 25, 2021

Last Installment of the Mini Vacation (and Quilt Show and Tell)

Sunday morning arrived (after a night of interrupted sleep due to some noisy hotel neighbors.  We grabbed a quick breakfast and turned southward.  We stopped at a Hy-Vee for some grocery shopping (hey, we only have Walmart in Marshall), and then grabbed lunch at a cafe in Brookfield and made it home to see Willow.  She had been left out of her pen for the entire weekend and we wondered how she did.  She was there waiting happily to greet us.  We gave her a much needed bath and then she crashed on the couch.


So that pretty much ends our mini vacation!  I'll take a moment to show you some of my quilting projects.

This baby quilt is the first thing I quilted on my long arm and the flower wall hanging is the second. The baby quilt was an edge to edge daisy pantograph.  The flower has a little custom work and some free motion.  Notice the butterfly quilted into the upper left of the flower.


My Aunt Carol Ann received the flower for her 85th birthday.


This is a table topper that I did some custom work on.  And below is the first large quilt I quilted.  It was an edge to edge design of swirls.  I donated it to our guild's charity project.


And then I was in the mood for hearts.........

I quilted it with and edge to edge heart design and made it into a pillow.  This reminded David of Conversation Hearts.  He thought I should quilt words in all the hearts.  



 Close up of the quilting.  This has been mailed to my cousin for her birthday on the 25th.

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment