About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Mother's Day Gifts!

Well, I have received 2 wonderful Mother's Day gifts already!  First, the Hubs took me for a drive to show me this............
It's my new (well, new to our farm) combine.  Apparently I have a new platform and it's going to be just awesome!  It's still parked at John Deere, but it's mine (well, ours)!

And DD (darling daughter) went shopping Saturday (not many places open to shop, and I'm really glad she didn't shop at Walmart) and got me this beautiful hanging basket of petunias!
My photo doesn't do them justice.  They are purple with little white flecks that just sparkle.

The Hubs and I took a road trip on Saturday to my parents' house.  I delivered a couple of quilts that Mom had sent to have quilted.  We had lunch together and Mom and I tried to show and tell as much quilting stuff as possible.  It wasn't long enough.  Mom did comment that the food for lunch tasted so much better when you had someone there to eat with.  Before we left, we found a little something in Dad's woodshed to bring home...........well, 3 little somethings!


We're not totally sure on their gender.  There is so much hair that it's a little hard to tell.  At first I thought it was 2 girls and a boy, then 3 boys, and now Hubby says they are all girls.  Time will tell!  The little siamese looking one doesn't have a name yet.  She/he is mine to name.  Sarah has the one with the white on its face and she is calling it Boots.  David named the chubby gray one Judith (after a previous Judith we had who was the same color and he really liked that cat).   I guess if it turns out to be a boy, we'll call him Jude. 

DD went out to bring them in Sunday morning and she carried one in her hands and the others.......

They are pocket-sized kitties!

On Sunday, the Hubs returned to the field to plant corn.  It has been raining again, but he is down to about one day of corn planting to be finished.  Grandpa Barber was supposed to provide the special music for their zoom church service and he talked DD into playing the violin for it.  She did really well.  She even put on a shirt that wasn't a t-shirt!  However, there were still pj pants since they wouldn't be seen!  (and Scooby Doo socks)

I can't say much.  I did a Facebook Live from my sewing room for my quilt guild facebook page on Friday afternoon and that was the first time I had worn makeup or earrings in over a month.  I did it again on Saturday when we went to Bethany.  I'm getting decked out again today as I am going with my neighbor to a quilt shop in Chillicothe so she can leave some things to have quilted.  Wow!  That's 3 times in a week!  I'm going to be exhausted!

On the sewing front........

Dashing Through the Snow got its borders and a backing was made and it's off to be quilted.


 And the Laundry Basket Mystery Quilt top was completed.  Sarah's cat, Dory, inspected it to make sure it met quality control standards.  I will be looking for backing today at the quilt shop.  I have done a really good job of using from stash recently, but things are getting pretty depleted in some areas.  

And Cici is ever vigilant keeping guard from her watch post in the sewing room.



Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment