About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Changes

Well, things have certainly changed in our world recently.  DD is now with us full time while finishing up her final semester online.  Which means her cat Dory is with us as well.  Fortunately Dory and Cici get along well and even have some romping through the house play time.  Here they are sharing the window seat.  

Dory's favorite activity is unrolling a ball of yarn and her favorite place to do that is on the stairs!
See her peaking over the top step surveying her work!  It's very distracting when she starts doing this while I'm giving piano lessons since the piano is right by the stairs.  

Piano lessons are now being done over Zoom...........internet piano!  It's not easy, but we're making it work.  I just had to be careful scheduling so that I wasn't scheduled during one of dd's class or meeting times.  Don't want to overtax the internet connection!  Here's what it looks like for piano.  I sit at the bench and have my laptop on the stool stacked chair.

It's definitely an interesting way to do piano.  

We also celebrated the hubs St. Pat's birthday very quietly a few days late when dd got home.

And I had ordered a new board game called Splendor that the hubs and I played a few times prior to dd arriving home.  I managed to win once.  As soon as we taught dd, she has won almost every game.  

I finally made them play deluxe clue with me after losing so many games one evening.  I guess we all have our games.............I managed to guess the right clues on my third turn.  Apparently I can read people and dd and dh can read numbers!

And on the quilting front, I made a set of 6 placemats!  They were a quilt as you go pattern that used preprinted batting and a jelly roll of fabric.  This fabric was called Richmond Reds.  I think they turned out nicely.  I have another jelly roll and set of preprinted batting, so can make some more.


I also made a few masks for our local hospital.  

I decided that this was the time to be using up some of the stash.  So, I took the shoe box full of 2.5" squares and started sewing them into 4-patches.  I've been working on this project in the basement, sewing on Lizzie, my 201.  I'm hoping to make these into a nice charity quilt.

I picked up a quilt of my mom's that Pam had quilted for her.  It's a maple leaf pattern.
Cici is trying to teach Dory that it's purrfectly alright to sit on any quilt and test it out.  Dory wasn't so sure.  Here's a close up of the quilting.


And the quilting on the back side.

I finished this quilt top.  It was all fabrics I had found at D&T before it closed.  There were several pieced that seemed to go together, but the cuts were odd sizes.  I only added the black and white fabrics.  I hadn't planned on a second black border, but dd looked at it with the outside border right next to the sawtooth border and said.........."It really hurts my eyes!"  I think the narrow black border made it bearable for her.  I'll bind it in black as well.

I wanted to use up as much of those fabrics as possible, so I pieced, and pieced, and pieced to get this for the backing.

Now only this small handful of fabric is left for the scrap bins!

I have started 2 mystery quilts during the Stay-at-Home time.  I am still working 3 mornings a week, and doing some online piano lessons as well as playing with Izzy, so am not sewing ALL THE TIME!

Speaking of Izzy, she was waiting for me to get home from work one day.........watching from the window seat!

More on Izzy in the next post, but it's perfectly ok to hug your puppy!  She's getting lots of squeezes!

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment