About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Thursday, July 12, 2018

Quilts of Valor

We presented 5 Quilts of Valor at our meeting Tuesday evening.  This was the quilt my group completed..............remember, that post from May 23rd, when I described working on this???   Well, the Calamity Quilters prevailed and had a beautiful quilt to present.  Here are the other quilts that were presented...........



I think they were all beautiful.  I still can't decide which I like best!



Pam showed this beauty that she has been working on for awhile.  It's all complete now.
She saw this on Pinterest and figured it out.  I'd really like her to draft a pattern for me because I don't think I could get it all figured out and placed like this.  I really like this quilt.

After putting up sweet corn all morning yesterday, the Hubs and I cleaned up and went to the fair to see the exhibits last night.  He really wanted to see how the hams he helped with had done.  I enjoyed some of the art projects.  I took pictures of some things I'd like DH to make........


Yes, apparently I was drawn to the welded horseshoe projects.  I just thought these were really clever.

I was so motivated by the guild meeting Tuesday evening that I came home and finished my On Ringo Lake blocks.
I have been looking at the instructions to set this quilt together and it's going to take some work.  I thought I had all the parts and pieces ready, but upon further digging through this box, I found some triangles that need to be sewn together and this......
I have sewn all the sashing pieces together, but they are still connected by their chain stitches and need to be pressed.  There was even that one black/red square used as a leader/ender for another project which is now complete and on my nephew's bed (it's probably actually on the floor since he never makes his bed).  I don't remember being short a square, so don't know how or why this single got left with On Ringo Lake.  Oh well!
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment