About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, July 30, 2018

Cats, kittens, birds, chickens!

Last Monday, we got a call from one of my piano students.  The hubs took the call and brought the phone to me in the basement.............she had found a little kitten and it needed a home.  Well, of course, Christi's house for wayward cats opened it's doors (I figure the Hubs had a chance to say no thanks and not even tell me about the call).  So this little gal arrived at our house that evening.


She is very sweet, fits in the palm of your hand, and is also very playful.  She was thin and crying when we got her.  I gave her food and water and eventually shut her in the shed for the evening.  Fortunately, our one "lucky" lady cat gave birth to her second litter of kittens for the summer on Tuesday morning.  Muffin (that's our little girl's new name) was deposited into the box with mom and kittens and has been adopted and is extremely happy there.  

I'm thinking she won't appreciate her 4 little brothers quite so much when they get bigger!

DD arrived home from summer school and will be here until about the 20th of August.  She brought me this new t-shirt from school.  

Apparently it's somewhat humorous, but I've had it explained to me twice and still don't really get it.  

She also brought this guy home.  Jason has been terrorizing Cici already. 

Cici is now trying to blend in with the fabric stash.  About the only place she feels that she still rules is the top of the cutting table in the sewing room.  I'm thinking of making her a calendar to count down the days until Jason goes back to school.

Some quilting and basket weaving have been happening, but no photos yet except for some red (color of the month) chickens!

 The hubs did finish his own craft project...................  Bird feeder Cantinas!!!  You just fill the bottle with bird feed and as it is eaten, more flows from the bottle into the glass!






Thanks to my sis for consuming the alcohol to provide the bottles and the bottle caps for the "bar stools"!
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment