About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, July 9, 2018

4th of July and Summer Half Gone!

It's hard to believe the summer is half over............


Cici had to inspect the fireworks we picked up after the 4th for DD to shoot off this past weekend.  

Since the roommate who takes care of Jason was coming home with her, Jason came for the weekend too.  I admit that I missed him, but by the end of the weekend, we were all ready for him to go back to college.  He's there for 3 more weeks until summer school is over and will then be back with us for about 3 weeks.  The hubs, Cici, and I aren't sure we can take it.

We did eat our first sweet corn yesterday............I consumed 5 ears in 2 meals.  I'm going to have to start pacing myself!

Even though summer is flying by, I must be thinking cool thoughts as I finished this cute wall hanging from Red Button Quilts.  

It was my first attempt at the blanket stitch around the wool cutouts.  I don't think it turned out too badly for a first try.

I spent some time in the basement where it was cooler and did some sewing on the Singer 404.  Bunny is not a pretty machine, but she can sew.  And, I can watch TV there while I sew.  

I was able to finish piecing this yellow and black 9-patch quilt.  I have the binding and backing all ready, and am just figuring out a way to get it quilted.  It will be a guild donation quilt.

It's also county fair time!  I can honestly say I miss being part of all the 4-H activities.  This year I volunteered to be the superintendent for the public speaking and demonstration contests.  It was fun to be involved and great that it only lasted 1 day!  I couldn't believe how tired I was.  Good thing I don't have to help or participate in any more fair activities.  

The Hubs did this............

He smoked a ham for one of my piano students to show at the fair.  We can't wait to go Wednesday evening to see the exhibits and how the hams placed.  Just the smell of it this weekend put me in the mood for some good state fair food............August will be here before we know it!
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment