About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Happy Birthday!!!

Well, yesterday was my birthday!  Look what I got for my birthday...........

Note the bow on the step...........truly makes it a gift, don't you think????

Last week the hubs informed me we had made too much money this year..........I instantly looked around to see if I was standing in the right house with the right husband!  Then, realizing I was indeed in the right house, I said, "huh??"  

This, of course, was the preface to the discussion about the fact that he needed to make a major farm purchase before the end of the year............thus, my new (used) John Deere 8400 tractor with low hours on it.  AND, it's getting new interior upholstery!  I'm SO excited!  

I'm sure this will be a gift much like the new grain truck he bought me a few years ago, that I still haven't gotten to drive!

So how did I spend my birthday?  I went to work, came home, took photos with my tractor, fixed supper, and listened to my nephew's basketball game on the Raccoon River Radio while sewing and ironing the remaining units from clue #2 of Bonnie Hunter's mystery On Ringo Lake.
Yeah!  Clue #2 is complete.  Unfortunately, Bonnie has already revealed clues 3 & 4, and I am way behind.  I do have everything cut though.

It was a truly amazing ball game to listen to.  Carter, a sophomore, is one of the first players off the bench on the varsity team.  He scored 13 points all in the 2nd half and had some great plays.  He was named player of the game and had the "shining moment".  

Here are some picks of him playing at Wells Fargo Arena last Friday in Des Moines.

 Note the nose plug...........according to the radio announcer, he "returned to the game with a plug in his left nostril."  Of course, my sister, his mother, is also the athletic trainer and got to do the honors of plugging the nose.  She told me later that she had visited the local dental office and gotten the really good gauze rolls they use to use for nose plugs this year.

 Now notice the mouth expressions..........




He has 3 more games this week, so maybe I will get a lot more sewing done!

In the world of our pets, Kinze got a professional bath Saturday.  She was NOT THRILLED!  It's not that she minds getting wet, she just doesn't appreciate clean the way we do.

They did a really good job...........her white's are white and she doesn't smell like a pig!  

I don't know if I previously mentioned, but Sarah's favorite kitten, Jason, disappeared mid November.  So, three of the ladies have been tapped to take his place...........
This is Summer.  She is a very lovely lady and spends a lot of time sleeping under one of the smaller Christmas trees.

This is Kimberly.  She has the most interesting coloring and loves being held like a baby while she sleeps!

And this is Kiara giving the high-five.  (She's left-pawed!).  She is the mischievous one in the bunch.  These are indoor/outdoor kittens.

And, Cici is still keeping us all on our toes.  She loves to "hide" from hubby and then jump out at him.

Hope to get some more sewing and blogging done this week!

Christi

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday! I've been known to get similar gifts like yours. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete