About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Welcome Lizzy!

I did not need another sewing machine, but when this bargain opportunity came along, I just couldn't pass it up.  Meet Lizzy!

Lizzy is a Singer 201.  The machine was in great shape and runs wonderfully.  Lizzy has a great stitch.  Notice the cute little pin cushion I found in one of the drawers.  I got the silver polish out and shined it up!  The cabinet (which I love) needed some cleaning and a little repair (thanks hubby for the repairs!).  And, I have moved further down in the attic room.  As I was doing a little work on Lizzy yesterday (sorry, I was having too much fun with Lizzy to blog!), I got to thinking that if I moved DD's books out of that book shelf, it would be a great place to store quilt books and maybe even MORE FABRIC!  Friend Gina and her hubby Dennis stopped by to give Lizzy their stamp of approval and Dennis commented on my stash.........it's not very big!

I was also delighted to get this top finished last week.  It uses the civil war 9 patches from our guild exchange last year.  At first, I wasn't sure about the star blocks, but once I set it together and added the borders, I loved it.  Can't wait to see it quilted.

I also wanted to share our guild's opportunity quilt.  It is called Peppermint Twist.  

So, I think it's about time to wrap up the quilt parade.  
 This is a quilt from my grandparent's house, Harold and Ethel Nielson.  We aren't sure who made it, but have some guesses.  It's in great condition, was probably never used.  I'm not sure what the pattern is, but it makes me think of Sugar Bowl, a pattern Bonnie Hunter is working on now, but it's not quite the same.

This is a quilt made from a Christmas layer cake.  We use it on the bed in our room every Christmas.

 This is Bonnie Hunter's Scrappy Mountains Majesty.  I pieced it and my mom hand quilted it.  It will be nephew Carter's high school graduation quilt.  The one below is a nine patch that I pieced and my mom hand quilted that will be nephew Jackson's high school graduation quilt.

 This quilt is made from fall colored nine patch blocks that I received from a guild exchange a couple of years ago.  It's one of my favorite quilts.  Notice the mistake in one of the blocks below???
 And I used the extra blocks on the back to piece the backing so it would be large enough.

 This quilt is made from lighthouse fabric I purchased on our Maine vacation several years ago.  My mom hand quilted it.......notice the lighthouses she quilted in the border???
 These next 3 quilts were my baby quilts.  They are very soft and faded from use.  



 This little quilt was my doll quilt.

 This quilt is a farmer's daughter pattern.  My name was drawn for the friendship blocks when I was in the day guild (BC) years ago.  My mom hand quilted it as well.

 My mom made this Sunbonnet Sue quilt for the bed my sister and I shared growing up.  She did a matching dust ruffle and curtains.

 This pink and green flower garden quilt was made by my great grandma Christina Nielson.  I used it on my bed all through college.  It has faded quite a lot.

 This was my March Mystery Madness quilt that I did this year.

This is a quatrefoil quilt done with Charleston fabrics.  My mom hand quilted it.

 This lattice quilt is from the Missouri Star pattern.  I did it in Christmas fabrics.  I keep thinking that it looks like my sister, but haven't parted with it yet.  It usually goes on the bed in Yuliya's room at Christmas.



 This quilt pattern is from a Doug Lekko book.  It is made from a pre-printed panel.  I love the fall colors.



 This is my Smith Mountain Morning quilt.  I did the Bonnie Hunter workshop when she was here.  I love this quilt.  


 This is a snowball quilt.  My great grandmother Christina pieced the center.  I added the borders and it was hand quilted by Joyce Nichols.  This was the quilt we used on our bed when we were first married.

 This is a Missouri Star quilt that my mom made and gave to me for Christmas.

 I made this Christmas flannel rag quilt.  We use it all winter long when someone is lying on the couch or in the recliner.

 This is my En Provence Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt.  It has found a loving home with my sister-in-law's mother.

 I created this quilt from row by row patterns I picked up on our vacation a few years ago.  It's one of my favorites and hangs on the wall in our bedroom.

 This is my Happily Scrappily Irish quilt from a Bonnie Hunter book.  I used the four patches I received from a guild exchange to make it.  It's the quilt on my bed now.  It's one of Hubby's favorites.

 And FINALLY, the missing quilt that started this all.  This Christmas tumbler quilt was done as a leader/ender project.  When we were putting all the quilts back, Hubby found this in one of the Christmas tubs!
Hope you enjoyed the quilt show!
Christi

1 comment: