About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Friday, September 15, 2017

Goals!

I'm so excited............an ENTIRE day at home!  I have 3 goals for the day:
1.  Banana Bread
2.  Blog
3.  Sew with Cici

We can check off number 1.  I made banana bread first thing this morning.  DD loves banana bread (I put chocolate chips in mine), and requested some.  We are heading to Rolla on Sunday for a short visit so will take it to her.  She wants us to go to church and hear the bell choir (which means an early morning for us since church starts at 9!).  Then we'll take her to lunch and to Walmart (ugh!) and visit just a little before heading back.  She has 3 big tests so needs most of the afternoon for studying.  We'll stop for a short visit with cousins on the way back and also at a REAL (not Walmart) grocery store in Columbia.

While the banana bread was baking, I spent some time cleaning up emails and watched 3 Missouri Star Tutorials!!!!  There are so many things I want to make.  AND, fellow guild member and friend Gina told me that I NEEDED to start more things so I would have more UFO's for my list next year!  Remember that New Year's resolution about finishing more things than I started?  Well, I think it was successful because I have about cleared the UFO list.  Everything on my list of things started before the beginning of the year is either finished or off to be quilted!  

So, what am I working on?


1.  Old Tobacco Road - the center isn't quite complete yet.   All of the blocks are made, but it hasn't all been sewn together yet.  I did cut all the pieces I need for the flying geese border this morning.  Cici was thrilled to be hanging out on the cutting counter with me (#3 - check!).  My mom started an Old Tobacco Road after she saw mine on the design wall.  Her top is done and waiting to be quilted!

2.  Rail Fence Leader/Ender - amazingly, there are already several blocks complete for this!

3.  Pinwheel - I had cut everything for this quilt early in the summer and then put it away.  I dug this out and took it to my parents house last Friday and got a lot of the pieces sewn together.  I'm using Prairie Cactus by Kansas Troubles - so even though it looks Christmasy, it's really not a Christmas quilt.  Mom (of course) has this quilt finished already and ready to be quilted. 

I had my tub of blocks in the living room to cut apart and trim, and one of the kittens was inside and must consider herself a quilt block inspector because she spent the evening taking every block off the pile and tossing it in the air to watch it land on the floor.   Her name was Maggie, but we have been using her tribal name, Black Toe - note the 1 black toe! She is very playful. 

 I had wondered about her fascination with the piano, but finally realized it's not the sound the piano makes when she lands on the keys, it's the way the cord on the light dangles for easy play!  

There are some other "started" things, but I would need to do some digging to find them.  

Cici and I were really knocking out some fabric this morning - after a little rotary cutter mishap..............no, it wasn't Cici's tail, but my finger.  Fortunately, it wasn't too severe and can even survive without a bandaid now.  What really interrupted us was the door bell.  Once I finally heard it (classic country was blaring on Pandora!), I checked out the upstairs window and realized it wasn't someone at the back door, but someone at the front door.  What this means is that I didn't know the person because anyone I know would come to the back door!  I located the ipod under a pile of fabric scraps and silenced it, slipped down the stairs and answered the door totally forgetting that I had not done anything to my hair since I ran a comb through it after the shower.  I'm sure it was a sight, sticking out whichever way it had dried.  Anyway, the Jehovah's Witnesses at my door didn't seem to care.  They did comment that they had obviously interrupted something!  I politely took their magazine and said that yes, I believe in angels (really, I had just cut my finger with the rotary cutter and somehow DIDN'T get blood all over the neutral fabric...........that's gotta mean there was an angel around...........one with a sense of humor since she let me answer the door with my bloody finger and my wet hair sticking out all over!).  Thankfully, they didn't linger, but I know they are definitely praying for the crazy lady with the bloody finger and wild hair.  And it did make me pause to be thankful that at least I was getting to spend the day at home sewing with my cat, only to be interrupted by their visit.

Well, I think that checks off today's goals and it's only lunchtime!  Think what more we can accomplish - after Cic's nap, of course.  

Off to lunch!
Christi


No comments:

Post a Comment