About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, March 6, 2017

Let's Go Fly a Kite!

Wow!  What a windy day this has been.......much too windy for kite flying.  Since my sewing room is upstairs, I haven't spent much time there today because the wind is so loud up there.  I did spend my morning judging FFA public speaking contest.  It was very interesting.  Some really good speeches and a few that needed some work.  My favorite speech title was OMG  GMO!  The title was good, but the speech needed some work.

DD was home this weekend for her BFF's wedding.  Here are some of the pics...........
 Yes, the maid of honor is wearing high-top converse tennis shoes..........at the bride's request.  (Mom just had to get over it!)


And the back of the ring bearer's shirt read, "ring security".  

They held the wedding at the old Fox Theatre in downtown Sedalia.  It was fun to see the marquee outside..........
 And, Sarah was in charge of decorating the car.  It's filled with balloons!

I did finish these 2 bags this last week.  They were part of my February "red" scrapbasket challenge.  I was trying to use up the red music note fabric.

One of the bags went home with these young ladies who are my piano students.   

Also this week, I did some planning for my group's (we call ourselves the stitchin' rips) charity quilt.  One of our members donated some blocks.
I love it that it uses 2.5 inch scraps, which I have a lot of.  I also spent some time taming the scrap basket that was piled high and overflowing.  I got about half of the scraps cut into useful sizes and put in my plastic tubs.  As I was organizing my strips, Cici made her way onto the cutting table and checked out the basket.  She seemed thrilled with my progress as there was now room for her to sleep in the basket!  Of course, later as I was sewing, she joined me on the sewing machine to watch the needle and for the first time, tried to catch it.  I swatted her away just in time.  Then, she decided that she needed to play with the thread scraps that were in my little hanging fabric trash bag at the edge of the sewing machine.  Since I didn't want her eating thread, I pushed it all way down to the bottom of the bag.  Well, that just made it more of a challenge................AND we learned that when Cici tries to crawl all the way into the bag to get the thread, the sand bag pin cushion does NOT support her weight and everything goes crashing to the floor.  We'll see if she tries that again!
Christi

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun wedding.
    I love hearing about Cici's antics.

    ReplyDelete