About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Turkey, Turkey, Turkey!



 Or maybe it should read "Turkey, Wild Indian, Turkey"!  DD is home for the week and brought her Thanksgiving decorations to share.  She's not fond of Cici batting the turkeys around the table.  At least she's entertaining Cici.  Cici may actually enjoy the peace and quiet when DD goes back to school.



We traveled to Rolla last week to hear DD's orchestra concert.  It was wonderful!  My parents came down to see her school and attend the concert as well.

Here they are with the statue of St. Pat.  St. Pat's is very big at Rolla.  Of course, Grandpa thought this might be a statue of Dumbledore (from the Harry Potter series).  
Here I am with Sarah in front of the aerospace engineering building.  She took us inside to see the lab where she works on a microsatellite team, but we weren't allowed to take pictures there.
This is from the concert.  It's a fabulous facility.  She is a member of the Chamber Ensemble which is all strings and only about 14 members.  

And the sewing room?  Yes, it's been busy.  I got a quilt ready to take to the quilter (can't show it because it's a Christmas gift!).  And, I started working on how to put together my Civil War 9-patches.  Our exchange is over and I got my blocks.  This is what I think I will be doing.
All of the star points will be dark, but not the same fabrics.  These just turned out that way.

And I completed another sewing project..............Star Wars pajama pants for DD!
The directional fabric made cutting them out difficult.  I would have liked them a little looser in the hips, but that was all the fabric I had.  She likes them, so I guess that's what counts.  I realized just how far away from garment sewing I have come when I chained the legs through the machine one after the other without cutting threads.  And I kept using the rotary cutter to trim things, even the legs before hemming!  

What I'm really looking forward to is the first Bonnie Hunter Clue to the En Provence Mystery Quilt.  I have collected fabrics based on the paint chips she suggested.
Pink is so not my color, but I found this piece in my stash and it was just the right size required for the constant color.  Let's use it up!  I didn't have any of the lavendars, so have collected those.  I did some real digging to come up with the purples.  And I had plenty of the greens, golds, and neutrals.  

So, Black Friday morning will find me sitting at the computer anxiously awaiting the first clue so that I can start cutting and sewing on a new project!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
Christi

1 comment: