About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Busy Weekend!

This past weekend was definitely a busy one!  DD came home for a visit, so we did lots of laundry, I listened to her study (out loud) macroeconomics, math, and some sort of engineering design project.  It was all pretty much over my head, so I just worked on the laundry and keeping food going.  The hubs spent the weekend in the field with corn harvest, so we barely saw him.  DD did convince him to quit early on Saturday evening to go to a movie...........The Magnificent Seven!  
My parents came for a visit on Saturday after stopping at the apple flea market in Waverly.  We had a nice lunch and then Mom and I went to the quilt show at the Martin Community Center while Dad and DD visited the Nicholas-Beazley Aviation Museum.  Mom and I got some great ideas for quilts!  Here were some of our favorites.....







On Sunday, the hubs and I drove to Savannah to celebrate a 25th wedding anniversary of one of my college friends.  I was the maid of honor in the wedding.  It was nice to catch up with some college friends.  We were also impressed with the napkins...........leftover from the wedding 25 years ago!  I wouldn't know where to find stuff from 25 years ago.  (okay, I did find my wedding bouquet when I cleaned out the top of the garage this summer, but it was a total accident!)  Anyway, this started us talking about what we might do for our 25th which is coming up in November 2017.  I've proposed a trip to Maine.

On a sad note, we lost 2 of our cats last week including DD's favorite kitten.  She and I have decided (did NOT consult the hubs) that we need an inside cat, preferable a kitten.  I actually went to look at some yesterday afternoon, but they were not anywhere close to being tame, so I passed.  If I'm sharing my home, I'm going to be selective.  DD texted her requirements...........female, yellow, cute, tame, soft, purring, intelligent, laid back, playful.  She did say if there were only boys, that would be fine and she tried to claim naming rights.  I hate to tell her, but I'm not really into yellow and I'm definitely getting to select the name.  I'm looking for personality!  At this rate, it may be difficult to find what we want.
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment