About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, September 19, 2016

Finally, Photos Worth Sharing!

I know it has been awhile since my last post, and while I have been really busy, I seemed to be doing lots of things that just weren't photo worthy............did you really want to see a picture of the big hair ball I cleaned out of the tub drain????  While I am really happy to get some things like that done, I didn't really feel like sharing the love/pain of those projects. 

The hubs did start combining when it was dry enough.  He even gave combine rides to some of my piano students.  One little boy carried his ear of corn in to my living room and laid it in a place of honor on my coffee table during piano lessons.  The weather hasn't been the best for combining, so the hubs has been at loose ends while waiting around.  One particular afternoon when he couldn't be in the field, I decided to entertain him by taking him shopping!  

Yes, I took him to Kleinschmidt's to get new work boots.  It's just fun to go in there.  This is how he shops..........he goes to the counter, tells them his name, they look up the number of the last pair of boots he got, write it on a slip of paper and hand it to him, he takes it back to the aisles that hold millions (not exaggerating here) of boots and hands it to the guy there who walks through the aisles and picks out the boots and hands them to him.  At this point, he is headed to the counter to pay and I say, "aren't you going to at least try those on?"  He responds, "No, they will fit."  So I insist he try them on and he (while glaring at me) takes off his shoes and tries them on, and finds he can't get his foot in one of them!  So the guy looks at them to make sure they are both the correct size and then offers to stretch them out a little bit.  So we had to look around for awhile while waiting for the boots to stretch.


 It is indeed the most interesting place to look around in.  We finally went back to the counter and his boots were almost dry and the clerk tells him the best thing to do is to just wear them out of the store since they are not totally dry.  So, like a true redneck, he does.  I'm just glad he got new boots since the others had definitely seen better days.


We had our monthly guild meeting last week.  One of my piano students was there to show the quilt she made as a 4-H project.  She even machine quilted it herself.  Nikki is on the left and Judy, the member who helped her with the project is on the right.  She called it Purple Campaign (her dad is running for sheriff).

 Kathy (on the left) displayed this quilt that she just had to try.  It was so fun.  One of her friends told her when she bought the kit that she would never get it done.  She was asked where she was going to hang it and the response was that she didn't quite know since she didn't really want to compete with that figure!

 One of my piano families brought me this basket of grapes.  They had been to a local vineyard and got to pick grapes and even stomp on them (these hadn't been stomped on) to make juice.  What fun!  I made juice from mine (no stomping involved) last week.

 And back to the sewing room..........
 This pile of 2 1/2 inch strips from a couple of jelly rolls made this courthouse steps quilt from a Jenny Doan tutorial.  I'm going to try to get it to a twin size to donate to Great Circle which is one of our guild charity projects next year.  When the hubs saw it, he said it could definitely be donated - not his colors!  I still have to sew the blocks together and decide on some borders.

 This is the result of our guilds 4-patch exchange the first half of the year.  It is a Bonnie Hunter pattern called Happily Scrappily Irish.  It is huge and still has borders to go.  The hubs loved this one and started pulling stuff from the stash for borders.  (Obviously, too wet to be combining at the time!)  He found a couple of fabrics from Kansas Troubles that he liked, but I only had a yard of each, so will have to find some more if I'm going to use it.  Since I bought those from a sale rack at the Jeff City quilt shop a couple of years ago, they may be hard to find.

And, look what my cousin made from her recent purchases at Hamilton!  I was so excited to see this basket all done in fall colors.  I'm hoping that it wasn't too difficult and that she might loan me the pattern!
TTFN,
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment