About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Friday, July 31, 2026

July sewing and some cats!

The online stashbusters group that I am in has a "precut" a month that you are supposed to work on getting out of your stash.  July was orphan blocks.  I dug through my collection and "gifted" a few to my mom to make things for a charity bazaar and then put some things together to make placemats for my guild charity project.  This one used 2.5" squares and four patches.



This one was made from some leftover half square triangles.


I got the catnip quilt quilted and bound!  It's slated for the quilt show this fall.


And I got all of the hash tag blocks made.


And sewn together.............



This quilt is for Sarah.  I'm waiting for her to see it this weekend and decide if she wants a black border on it or just stop and have it bound in black.  She also needs to decide on a backing.

I also got all of the fan blocks from my great grandmother's quilt trimmed and pressed.  I laid them out on Sarah's bed.  I set them on point and laid out the colors differently than my great grandmother had.


You can see that Esme wanted to be close to the action, but not covered up by it.


It's now all together and I think (if I do say so myself) it looks amazing.  I wish I had taken a "before" photo so you could see the difference.  My cousins who gave it to me can't believe it's the same quilt top.  I had to repair some of the blocks, and I tossed a bunch that were just too frail to repair.  I have binding strips cut in a pale peach, and will make a backing from muslin that I have a bolt of.  


I also went through a tote of old jeans parts from my stocking efforts last fall.  I salvaged tags, pockets, and some seams and then cut 2.5" strips and 5" squares.  This is the first bag I made from them.  



I think it turned out pretty good.  It's lined and has pockets inside.

And now for the cats..............

Esme enjoying a box...........


Mabel catching a cat nap............

And Harry Potter as we like him best.............SLEEPING!


Mabel and Harry think they are worthy of being a centerpiece, but I had to tell them they were a little off center.


Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment