About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Thursday, July 30, 2026

July Happenings!

 Our sweet corn produced!  This was the biggest harvest from the 12 rows planted in the field.  My parents and cousins, Pam and Susie, came to help.  I put up a total of 135 pints of sweet corn this year.  Almost half of it was shared.  And several other people came to pick some.  


We also bought 2 boxes of tomatoes since my tomato plants were dying from being sprayed.  We did those this past week.  I just did plain tomato sauce even though I have a beautiful pot of herbs growing.  I was out of tomato sauce and still have plenty of pasta sauce from last year.

It was a really hot day, so we worked in the basement.  Willow supervised from her lofty position at the top of the steps.


I think she was a little sad to not be included in the party!


And our beautiful Ukranian daughter, Yuliya got married to Vlad.  We have seen some video and photos and it looks like it was an truly beautiful day.






It has been so hot this month.  But it also seems like summer is flying by quickly.  Our August calendar has filled up with lots of stuff, trying to get the last of the things in before fall, piano lessons restarting, and harvest.  I am ready for some cooler temps though.  

This is how I know fall can't be far off.................

Not only are school supplies out, but so are the pumpkin cookies!  And Hobby Lobby is filled with fall, Thanksgiving, and Christmas decorations.  My new solution to a heat wave is to just go in the store and walk the aisles of those decorations!

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment